LDRS 38 ATV question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locksmith

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ive never been to LDRS or Kloudbusters, heck ive never flown anywhere but QCRS.

That being said I plan on camping out tent style either there or at campground down the road, what is the preferred method of retrieving rockets and general running around?

I own a Golf cart that would do fine in lawn style of grass, but I have access to a ATV and a Mule "4 person side by side"
Im also not lazy I don't mind walking to get my rockets but just trying to make the best of the trip.

Which would you bring and why?
Thanks

It's cow pasture and plowed earth. Hydrate early, hydrate often, and bring a buddy.

Farm roads all over, I used to drive my 4cyl Tiburon around, stand on the back bumper to spot, then carefully walk in so as to not disturb any crops.

Except the silage that one year, blech.

Ive never been to LDRS or Kloudbusters, heck ive never flown anywhere but QCRS.

That being said I plan on camping out tent style either there or at campground down the road, what is the preferred method of retrieving rockets and general running around?

I own a Golf cart that would do fine in lawn style of grass, but I have access to a ATV and a Mule "4 person side by side"
Im also not lazy I don't mind walking to get my rockets but just trying to make the best of the trip.

Which would you bring and why?
Thanks
You may use an ATV/4-wheeler at the Argonia Rocket Pasture on the immediate pasture, on the access area to the away pads, and on the roads. Only.

All vehicles are limited to road-only access for flyers per agreement with the farmers and landowners. If you do it right, your rocket is never more than 1/2 mile walk away. Other pasture areas, waterways, and cropland are off-limits to vehicles. You will walk a lot, but who of us doesn't need a good healthy walk?

That said, if I had a choice, I would use the Mule to shuttle around.

--Lance.

Back