LDRS 29, June 2010

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here she is: (along with another one I've finished)...

No, Mark, you can't use this picture. I want to get a much better one with my other camera.

disruptor and executioner.jpg

Wow another WAY COOL rocket. Nice job Fudd.

Well They just sent me a release form to Sign, I guess that means they really are coming to film... ARRRGGGGHHH I got to clean my dang shop up now LOL :y:

Thanx!

Awesome Gary!

Wait, film crew, what? What's happening, I want to be on TV...

Thanx!

Awesome Gary!

Wait, film crew, what? What's happening, I want to be on TV...

Sorry Tim they have me to film and I think that makes their Quota for Ugly on one show LOL

Yes Discovery channel set a date to come to my house and LDRS to film both my projects... Nothing like a little pressure to get things done...

Well...

She's finally finished. This is the X-18 Samurai all painted up to promote our new space-toy.

I've had to personally shoot about 3hrs of footage myself for the benefit of the Disc Channel for this project.... hope it's worth it in the end!

She's being crated up and air-freighted to California next week...

sml-P5270552.jpg

Well...

She's finally finished. This is the X-18 Samurai all painted up to promote our new space-toy.

I've had to personally shoot about 3hrs of footage myself for the benefit of the Disc Channel for this project.... hope it's worth it in the end!

View attachment 22825

So thats what Christin and Iva were talking about... tooooo coool.

Well...

View attachment 22825

Yeah Baby! Very cool rocket. :w:

Well...

View attachment 22825

Dude, very well done. Can't wait to see it in person.

Well, Its almost there.. Its to the point now, I think It might really fly..

littlejoealmostdone.jpg

I still have lots of details to add, I am waiting for the rattle can chrome to dry, thats why its says "TED STATES" but its actually looking like a rocket now.

Cheers all... Glad Iva and co are excited about it... been chatting with them and sending them video and pics for three weeks now.

The rocket lands in California this Friday (at the hotel) all being well, I arrive next Wednesday evening to meet it.... should be on the lakebed on Thursday morning ready to burn some AP!!!

The Samurai doesn't look quite so shiny up close... it had to be rushed a little in the last week to ensure it was finished and the paint was dry in time for her to be crated up and ship... but from a few feet it looks pretty awesome. Just hope it flies ok :)

Gonna need some advice from a few folks on getting 4 X Pro-54 Skidmark K's all lit at the same time... clustered 6 X WT Pro-54 K's before... but not the Skidmarks... just hoping they light ok :)

I've managed to build one new 6" rocket, the Samurai a new 3" rocket and re-paint another 6" rocket and another 3" rocket in the last 2 weeks. Not bad, though not as impressive as Crazy Jim, Tim and co :)

That LJ is very awesome.... really looking forwards to the event now... gonna be a good one :)

Ben

Well, they do have the CTI ignition pellets in them, so they should work pretty well on the standard igniters.

...well, the crate has shipped! 200lbs of rockets are on their way via FedEx to Victorville California.... fingers crossed they arrive in the same number of pieces they left in! :)

Ben

Yep, the CTI skids act just like the other CTI loads: Instant ON! :)

I have to agree on this one. CTI's are instant on. I will also be clustering and airstarting CTI's in a couple of projects. I used to worry.. are they going to light? will they work. now You don't have to. stick the supplied igniter in and WOOSH they go..

CTI is the way to go. fast easy and they light really easy. Cluster problems are a thing of the past if you fly CTI..

My Mercury little Joe will have 4 54mm CTI's 2 K570 classics (3 second burn) and 2 54mm K130 classic long burns (almost 10 second burn) all lit on the pad..
I would NEVER have tried doing that before I found CTI. That is half the reason Little joe sat in the corner of my shop for 3 years.. I didn't know how the heck to light a cluster like that and not have to worry about it.

Oh man I'm starting to get excited.... only 10 days away...already!?

Mark,got the bomber flight worthy, and I didn't even mess up the decals(but I am not fully finishing it, cause I want to make sure it works).
I'll post pics later...

Oh man I'm starting to get excited.... only 10 days away...already!?

Mark,got the bomber flight worthy, and I didn't even mess up the decals(but I am not fully finishing it, cause I want to make sure it works).
I'll post pics later...

COOL, Did you make it so the pods separate for recovery?

Well, as I noted in my L3 thread, I had a cato in one rocket I was planning to fly at LDRS, so I'm frantically repairing it right now. With any luck, I should have it fixed in time anyways, but this is a bit of unexpected building needed prior to flight.

Well, I think my L3 is fixed enough that it will in fact be flying on the M4770 at LDRS, and I have the car all loaded up and ready to go.

Leaving in a bit over 3 hours. :D

Well, after 16 hours on the road, I'm here in Victorville CA. Looking forward to heading out to the site tomorrow :D

Latest posts

Back