Launch on Culpeper VA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben

Reaction score
2 weekends ago we had a BIG launch (well big to me prolly not to the western peopl :p :rolleyes: ) up to M I had some good launches about 30 people there and Performance Hobbies was onsite thanx!! If anyone could help identify these fill free..

Enjoy....

Thanx, Ben

This is the Fatboy's maiden voyage all 4 lit but.. :rolleyes:

ths chut burnt off and it hit but no damage

Ben

This photo shown the Saturn V getting set up for his L3 in the black box and my Screaming Mim about to launch on a D12-5

Thanx, Ben

Cool pics, man. Was that Battlepark or a monthly Culpepper launch?

It was a Battle Park launch -- I "wish" we could fly there every month...:(

Photo #95 is a Hawk Mountain Talon 4 (I think) on either an AT Redline or AMW Red Rhino K motor. It was supposed to get to about 11K feet (with the wind). I never saw it after bunout :eek:

Photo #88 is a PML Ariel, I think (the owner didn't know what it was ;) ) on a Loki I405. Made everyone jump, but was lost. The owner was only sad about the loss of his Loki casing (the rocket was gotten pre-made for something like $5).

#92 looks like a Fliskits Rhino

#91 looks like a Big Daddy on an AP motor

#96 is my Deuce on a pair of A8-3s, with my dad's Zenith II next to it (on a Quest C6-0 to an Estes B6-2 or -4 or whatever; it went horizontal about halfway through the booster's burn, only the booster was recovered)

#79 looks like it might be a Hawk Mountain Raptor, not sure, but it looks like it

I'll post some pics tonight...

Glad to see some Battlepark pics,Ben.I was there on the first day.Almost got konked on the head by that Skunkworks Saturn 5 when the booster came down less than a foot from me.It didn't quite nail me though.Nice kit.I never knew they existed until I saw that one.Too bad they only made a few.Still looking to buy one of the Apogee 1/70's when they fire back up again.
I followed that link to Vikings on Jake's post and checked out y'alls site.Looks like you're becoming well established.That's good.I usually fly with NOVAAR every month and also hit at least one Battlepark launch each year.
Now for a question.In the Vikings 4/04 flyer there is a pic of another large Saturn.Is that another one of those kits?It looks awesome.
Finally the pic 099 is,I believe,an upscale 2.6" Centuri Groove Tube done by a fellow named Ted.He's another NOVAAR member.I'll ask him.Till later!

Finally the pic 099 is,I believe,an upscale 2.6" Centuri Groove Tube done by a fellow named Ted.He's another NOVAAR member.I'll ask him.Till later! [/B]

Well looks like I was wrong about the pic.Sorry!

oops forgot to say that pic 99 is my Estes Screaming Mimi :p
yes we are becoming well established anyone who wants to join it's the third sunday of the month 1-4pm I have prolly 25 more pics I just need to find the time to downsize them :rolleyes: somethiimes the nice quality isn't worth it ;)

thanx, Ben

Based on the flame size and color, I'm going to say that #95 is on an AT K1275 redline.

Of course, this is only my highly uneducated opinion ;)

Nice pictures, and a beautiful clear day to boot. Gotta love those red motors, yeah baby. Nice shot of the deuce, too. Thanx for sharing.

Originally posted by bsexton
That is a scratch-built Saturn by Josh Tschirhart: https://www.meatballrocketry.com/saturn1_59.htm.

Thanks for the reply.That is a beauty.That's some good reading too.However,that isn't the pic I was wondering about.The rocket i am thinking of is on the very bottom of the 4/04 flyer off of the V-files page.It's being carried by two people.

Originally posted by dragonshiprider
Thanks for the reply.That is a beauty.That's some good reading too.However,that isn't the pic I was wondering about.The rocket i am thinking of is on the very bottom of the 4/04 flyer off of the V-files page.It's being carried by two people.
Sorry, that is an image I grabbed off the Fly Rockets web site -- don't know anything about that one.

Tell your Dad to paint that V2 and go for his Level 1 at the next Vikings launch!

Not that he has to paint it for a Level 1 flight...it just needs to look "pretty" when it is successful. :D

Back