L2 Exam Questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielhv

Reaction score
I’ve pretty much got a solid grasp on most of the questions on the practice tests. Only ones I seem to struggle with are the ones about minimum distances for various impulse ranges, sparky motors, etc. I know there is a table, but I’m really trying to find a way to learn these distances. Can’t seem to concrete it into my head.

Any tips? I know sometimes we come up with quirky ways to remember things…

Why? I cannot speak about NAR, but the Tripoli questions/answers on the web are the same ones on the test. Just memorize those. You do not need to learn all the various distances as you will have the tables available anytime you go fly. Just a thought.

There are only three questions on clearing easy to burn material. If it a single J motor, it is 50 ft. If it is a cluster, or using a titanium sponge, then it is 75. Use this: "Motor 50, sponge cluster 75." That takes care of those distances.

For the rest, I wrote out the table about 3 times, after that I could write it out by heart. Take a scrap piece of paper, review it one last time before the test, when you start the test, write it out on your scrap. Since I could do it by heart, I could do it in my head after I got the point I could write it out by heart.

Attachments

• IMG_0360.jpeg
    IMG_0360.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
For what it’s worth this was the only question I got wrong haha.

A passing score is still a passing score.

Now I remember it goes by high power 100, 200, 300, 500, and then increase by 500 for each motor designation. Then complex is just what the next higher designation was for the single motor
IMG_1165.jpeg

Latest posts

Back