L1 Success!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2hpr

Reaction score
This past weekend, I finally got to fly my L1 cert flight.

The details:
Rocket: LOC Fantom 438 EXL (needs a "real" name now:rolleyes: )
Motor: Cessaroni I212 Smokey Sam
Site: NCR's North Site - Pawnee Grasslands, CO 93,000 acres of NOTHING!
Date: June 2, 2007
Altitude: 1937'

Video:
video on putfile.com

Thanks to Tim at GLR for the deal on the motors. I flew it later on an I285 Redline and an I300 Blue Thunder. All picture-perfect flights. Now, to get some paint on the thing and name it!

-Ken

:cool: All 3 of your flights were perfect! I liked the Blue Thunder best. You took your time in your build. You asked a lot of questions, and took advise. You came to the launch well prepaired. The Pawnee Gods looked down and said, "This is good" Congrats on the L1!!:D

Well done! The HPR motor vendors are waiting for you now...

Ray has some shots of the Blue Thunder flight (since he was there on Sunday only. The flame looks about 2' long! Once I get the full resolution shots, I'll post them. Still waiting to hear from Nadine on the others.

-Ken

Originally posted by Lawndartman
:cool: All 3 of your flights were perfect! I liked the Blue Thunder best. You took your time in your build. You asked a lot of questions, and took advise. You came to the launch well prepaired. The Pawnee Gods looked down and said, "This is good" Congrats on the L1!!:D

Congrats on the cert:) I hope to be flying an I300 soon, it looks like a great motor.

What happens when your not new to HPR anymore? Are you going to change your name?:D

Well done Ken.......
It's so much nicer to nail it on the first attempt.
I had to do mine 3x before I finally got it.
It was actually a better idea to have "not" named the rocket before it's cert flight. Unfortunately I did...............the rocket's name was "Deja Voo". :rolleyes: :D
Welcome to HP~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>====>

Back