L1 Jr HPR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scm86

Reaction score
Well, I finally got to a launch and was able to fly my cert bird today.

Its 94.5" long, 3.1 max diameter with a transition to a 54mm tube, has a 54mm mount that was adapted down to 38mm for the CTI I285. Weight ready to fly w/o motor is 5 pounds 10 ounces.

wRasp says it went 2700 feet, but i think its probably more like 2500 or so feet...

I have a picture from RocSim, that'll hafta suffice till i get my video all cut up and posted...

Scott McNeely
NAR 79800 Level 1 Jr

Way to go! Be sure to post a link to the video once you get it up :)

I would have probably flown mine today, except for college stuff... geeze, I hate planning for my future when it gets in the way of rocketry!

Congratulations! That's a big rocket! Bigger than my L2 rocket as a matter of fact.

OK, heres the video I got of it, sorry it isnt a whole lot, I was more occupied with watching the rocket itself... ;-)

cert flight video, 1.4 meg

I flew it again later (same motor) and theres some video of that ill post once its ready... I really wish i got more video of it, it flew straight as an arrow...

Edit: 2nd flight, 1.8 meg

Scott McNeely

really nice flight bro looked great leaving the pad.Congrats on that CERT

Awesome vid!
Hope mine goes that well (AMRAAM-3 on an H123 next weekend, weather permitting). Great job (and that's a HUGE rocket for a lvl1. I like it). Nice straight flight.

Congratulations, Scott! Sorry I couldn't be there - hopefully I'll be back at VOA soon. Maybe next launch.

Loopy

I wanna thank everyone who helped out, gave advice, signed papers, said good job, etc. Thank you, I could'nt have done it without you guys.

Specifically I want to thank Carl Tulanko and Steve Lubliner for setting this up, the guys at QUARK and TMO for letting me and my dad fly and letting me fly under my dad's name, and Mark Fisher and Dave Russell for signing my papers. And of course my parents for putting up with the rocket's al over the basement...

I hear someone else also has the Jr cert, anyone know who? i was told it was in the mag, but i cant find it for the life of me... By time NAR gets my papers i will have been 18 for a couple days, mailed them today and turned 18 today, anyone know whether i will get both cards, or if they will just send the full fledged L1 card?

Scott McNeely
Level 1

Scott,

They should just send the full fledged card...if you don't get it, let me know. You may be the first to roll over after the HPP flight....not sure.

BTW, Congratulations on a successful flight!!! I never had any doubts and was bummed that I couldn't make it. I am glad we could help and hope to see you do a couple solo flights soon! :)

Once again, great job!

Cool, though i wouldnt be disapointed if i got the Jr card, would be a neat thing to have, even if its just for show...

I've ordered a gallon of epoxy resin and curative to go with it, should last me the summer ;-)

I'll do some solo's, gotta do some staging and clustering and the like...

Scott McNeely
NAR 79800 Level 1

Verry nice! such straight flights too :)
deff a big bird for lvl 1, thinking of going for your lvl 2 on it?

While I probably could do it on a J350, ill probably wait and do it on the ACME spitfire, the 54mm CTI L gets it to 2900 feet according my rough guesses on wRasp ;-)

Scott McNeely
NAR 79800 Level 1

Wow - you are a Carl protoge, aren't you? L2 on an L??? Sounds awesome!

Carl - glad to know you're still alive - haven't heard from you in awhile.

Loopy,

Yep, I am still alive and busy...been doing a bunch of projects and such behind the scenes for the NAR...my hobby has shifted quite a bit from flying to paperwork, but I am still enjoying it. :)

See you at a launch soon, I hope.

Back