Know when to fold 'em...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soopirV

Reaction score
Tried to enjoy my other hobby this evening and was looking forward to smoking a Brickhouse natural toro (midpriced but well-regarded cigar). I hadn't planned on Mother Nature, however, who kicks it into high gear in monsoon season here in the Sonoran desert. No rain, that would be too easy. Instead I was besotted by creepy crawlies like flying ants and beetles. Couldn't catch a break since there was no breeze. Then my faithful but stupid rocket and cigar-companion Great Dane decided he'd try to have a late snack on a frog. I was terrified it was a colorado river toad, known to kill big dogs with its toxin. I wrangled the beast out of his mouth, and saw thankfully that it wasn't the dreaded specie. After rinsing his drool-cannon out, putting him inside, and launching the offending amphibian into the wash with my pool net, I tried to relight my cigar. Lighter was dead. Got a refill, found a number of flying ants enjoying my bushmills, and while dumping it got drilled in the chest by a palo verde beetle on a kamikaze mission. After the revulsion passed, I refilled my drink and grabbed a coaster to prevent further invasion of my whisky, and managed to relight and enjoy the the rest of my stogie, all the while brushing flying ants off my sweaty neck. How much would it cost to build a 1.5 acre glass dome over my property? Not the relaxing evening I'd hoped to have!! /rant

Tried to enjoy my other hobby this evening and was looking forward to smoking a Brickhouse natural toro (midpriced but well-regarded cigar). I hadn't planned on Mother Nature, however, who kicks it into high gear in monsoon season here in the Sonoran desert. No rain, that would be too easy. Instead I was besotted by creepy crawlies like flying ants and beetles. Couldn't catch a break since there was no breeze. Then my faithful but stupid rocket and cigar-companion Great Dane decided he'd try to have a late snack on a frog. I was terrified it was a colorado river toad, known to kill big dogs with its toxin. I wrangled the beast out of his mouth, and saw thankfully that it wasn't the dreaded specie. After rinsing his drool-cannon out, putting him inside, and launching the offending amphibian into the wash with my pool net, I tried to relight my cigar. Lighter was dead. Got a refill, found a number of flying ants enjoying my bushmills, and while dumping it got drilled in the chest by a palo verde beetle on a kamikaze mission. After the revulsion passed, I refilled my drink and grabbed a coaster to prevent further invasion of my whisky, and managed to relight and enjoy the the rest of my stogie, all the while brushing flying ants off my sweaty neck. How much would it cost to build a 1.5 acre glass dome over my property? Not the relaxing evening I'd hoped to have!! /rant

But it's a dry heat…

Steve Shannon

Most of the year, yes! Now that we're in rainy season it's getting humid (44% right now) and I'll shut up. Lived in upstate NY and Chesapeake bay, THAT is humid!

Back