Karman line club

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
How long do you think before someone starts one?
Mods feel free to edit/delete this post

Bezos is the only service that can facilitate that now right? Time above the karman line is about a minute. Timing is everything. Tight window.

So how does this work: get a rocket past the Karman Line to join the club?

If so, I think you should have some parameters (regarding rocket power) on how to "join" the club.

I mean, having a 1,000 Meter Club (aka: "The One K Club") could mean something if you said that members could only join if the rocket they flew used an engine of E impulse or less.

No doubt you'd be asking the same questions if I had referenced the mile high club 😀 it will be some time before civilians have access to longer duration microgravity.

I won't be sending anything beyond the Karman line, but I'm about to get up to speed with Karman's biography.

The only (known) married couple to fly on a mission together were Jan Davis and Mark Lee on STS-47. I would be surprised if they didn't take advantage of the opportunity.

Most space agencies have acknowledged that things have happened, but adamantly refuse to discuss or disclose.

Space sexology has became a valid point of research once we decided that long duration missions were necessary and becoming technologically possible.

Last edited:
...deleted out of good taste.

Last edited:
No doubt you'd be asking the same questions if I had referenced the mile high club 😀 it will be some time before civilians have access to longer duration microgravity.
It’s only a matter of time before some group of rich and freaky people buy all of the seats on a New Shepard flight and have a space orgy.

It’s only a matter of time before some group of rich and freaky people buy all of the seats on a New Shepard flight and have a space orgy.
They would need to be really quick.

The only (known) married couple to fly on a mission together were Jan Davis and Mark Lee on STS-47. I would be surprised if they didn't take advantage of the opportunity.
You beat me to it. I’m doubting it will be documented on line until they pass into a different heavenly realm. Not exactly something you can brag about to the grandchildren,

You beat me to it. I’m doubting it will be documented on line until they pass into a different heavenly realm. Not exactly something you can brag about to the grandchildren,
Perhaps not; a couple's privacy is their business, and of course it depends on the age of the grandchildren. But there is certainly nothing wrong with a married couple enjoying their relationship; as a matter of fact, in Genesis, it's the very first thing that God is recorded as directly speaking to us to do, and Paul in one of his letters tells couples not to stop having relations except for a short season - some crisis calling them to prayer, etc. And while I'm sure NASA was interested in the physiological aspects, I wonder if they allowed them the privacy of not recording their every breath.

I can't imagine a healthy married couple (as astronauts must be) not taking advantage of their unique opportunity.

Last edited:
Eyes wide shut...IN SPACE!
Eewww... But they'd need a New Glenn flight for something like that... Nowhere near enough time on New Shepherd.

Now to the subject of the thread - I don't think even Kip Teague's epic flight crossed the Karman Line. Close, perhaps. But I think it'll be a while before our HPR stuff allows us to get that far for any but the most elite in our sport/hobby/obsession.

Back