Junior HPR level 1 Certification Questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mach3Rocketry

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to get my junior level 1 certification but i have some questions on it. I have a scratch built 4in. by 58in. rocket that has a 38mm MMT. I have also chosen the CTI I236 Blue Streak motor for my Certification attempt. But i hear there are some restrictions i have when using high power rocket motors. And so here are some questions i have about this.

1. Do I need to be a member of NAR in order to get this Certification?

2. Am i allowed to buy, and hold on to the motor i have chosen to get my Certification until the Launch?

3. Am i able to load the motor into my rocket for launch?

Please feel free to comment.

Thanks, Mach3Rocketry

NAR has the Junior HPR Level 1 Participation Program, and you must be a NAR member to participate. See the NAR website for details. Tripoli has the Tripoli Mentoring Program, and you must be a Tripoli member to participate. Again, see the respective websites for full details on these great programs.

Both programs require the adult sponsor/mentor to buy/handle the motors due to regulations. Again, the websites have all the detailed information.

Good luck with either path! My daughter chose the NAR Junior HPR program. She will be a full HPR Level 1 in another year.

Junior HPR Level 1 Participation Program

Tripoli Mentoring Program (TMP) Overview

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back