July 24 launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 13

Reaction score
Went launching today at the local school field. Now that schools out it's a great place to fly!

First up was a very old Fatboy on a C6-7, always a nice flight.

Next up was my Triskelion on a B6-4 and then a C6-7.

My Intrepid was next on a B6-4.
Nice flight but the parachute did not un wrap and it broke a fin. Should be a quick fix.

The Marslander went up next. It was kind of windy so I used a B6-2. It was still going up when the 'chute deployed! First time that has happened.

I think this is the Starlight F-22, I've had it so long I forgot. A nice flight on a C6-7. I got lucky, it went very high and drifted far but landed about 3 feet from a very busy road.

Todays fleet.

I have a nice movie of the Marslander flight, if I can figure out how, I'll post it on you tube.

Good looking fleet :) How well does your Intrepid fly for you? I get mixed results from mine :)
Cheers
fred

Fred,

It does just fine. Not very high, less than the Orbital Transport. It has 2 coats of sanding sealer and 1 coat of paint. Today it arced into the wind a little but not bad. Both the booster and the glider landed within 40ft of the pad.

The wind was funny today, weather underground said the wind was 5mph, but the field was gusty. I did not launch the Orbital Transport or the Centuri space shuttle. I felt I might feed them to a tree. I thought the Lander might not do well, but it had a nice flight.

Mark

Cool video! That thing looks like it came down as fast as it whent up, maybe even faster! Was that a 12" chute and did it take any damage?

No damage, I have a 18 in chute with a large spill hole. Maybe too large. I think I might replace the chute. I don't want the leg bands to snap.

Back