Jr. L1 build- name ideas?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentius

Reaction score
Here's my (recently completed) Jr. L1 rocket, designed and built completely by myself. It'd be great if yall could help me name it, and please do give me ideas for its colour scheme!

Attachments

• WIN_20240418_13_59_54_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240418_13_59_54_Pro.jpg
    681.7 KB · Views: 2
  • WIN_20240418_15_35_01_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240418_15_35_01_Pro.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 1
Allright. I have a list of names saved in Libreoffice.
I will give you two. If you use one I will remove it from my list.

R/S for Rocket Ship
R/S Nina Faye
R/S Skylark III from E.E. Doc Smith Skylark of Space series.
Citizen Of The Galaxy by Robert Heinlein has lots of ship names you might like, but you are required to read it for yourself.

Colors go with the name.
I.E. Nina Faye would be a light blue, or turquoise.

Skylark III would be dark metallic Grey or Charcoal or metallic black.

Allright. I have a list of names saved in Libreoffice.
I will give you two. If you use one I will remove it from my list.

R/S for Rocket Ship
R/S Nina Faye
R/S Skylark III from E.E. Doc Smith Skylark of Space series.
Citizen Of The Galaxy by Robert Heinlein has lots of ship names you might like, but you are required to read it for yourself.

Colors go with the name.
I.E. Nina Faye would be a light blue, or turquoise.

Skylark III would be dark metallic Grey or Charcoal or metallic black.
thanks, I'll think about it!

I have no idea why, but the name Brutus came to mind, even before I looked at the picture. Maybe because I prefer LPR*. Your rocket looks good, assuming the fins will get fillets before flight.

*My taste might be a bit different if we had more wide open spaces.

Here's my (recently completed) Jr. L1 rocket, designed and built completely by myself. It'd be great if yall could help me name it, and please do give me ideas for its colour scheme!
Well, hmm ...

You could do what I do ...

Prime the rocket with Kilz ( white primer ) and fly her in her "Kilz Undies" until you recover her successfully a paint scheme comes to mind.

As for a name, that's all on you !

-- kjh

Nice rocket! I like to name my rockets after mountains or natural features. If you have had any special memories hiking a mountain or something, you could name it after that. One of my first rockets was named after the tallest mountain in Colorado: Elbert. My L3 was named after a canyon I spend a lot time in: Eldorado. I've found mountains often have cool names that are very fitting for a rocket

The four trapezoidal fins invoke the Nike family of sounding rockets and the NC is an ogive shape. Hence Nike-Ogive.

Here’s one that I can’t take credit for, but I like all the same:

The most underrated attack jet of the Vietnam era was the Cessna A-37, based on the T-37 trainer. For its uncanny ability to convert jet fuel directly into noise and not much else, like airspeed for example, it earned the nickname “The Converter”.

If you’re planning on flying a White Lightning motor or something similarly throaty, that might be apt.

Happy You Know It GIF by Animanias

Back