Jim Flis is going to love this!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsexton

Reaction score
The Vikings Rocket Society had their monthly launch today and one of the featured events was a 3-way Deuce's Wild drag race. You will notice one of the members with a Tres in the background waiting for the next rack.

This almost looks like a FlisKits commercial doesn't it? :D

OH! Bruce, you have *got* to get me a high res version of that pix, preferably with everyone/thing identified! :)

Yep, your right, I *love* this pix :)

jim

The "naked" Deuce's Wild on the left belongs to Tom Lyon (NAR Contest Board Chairman and LCO for the launch), the one in the middle belongs to Kyle Hancock and the one on the right is mine. Kyle is just behind Tom's right shoulder and I am on the other side of the camera. Tom flew his on a pair of C6-5's and Kyle and I were more conservative with B6-4's. The member holding the Tres in the background is Rich Mays - also a perfect flight but I missed the photo opportunity.

This is my first FlisKit's rocket (I know, I'm probably the last person on the planet to build a FlisKit -- at least the last person on TRF ;) ) and it won't be my last. I built mine with one of the new baffle kits and it worked beautifully. I didn't use even one piece of recovery wadding and the plastic chute had nary a scorch mark on it. I deviated a little from the instructions for the baffle and secured it in the body tube with 5-minute epoxy.

A high res version of the pic is "in the mail"...

Got it, thank you :)

I am glad that you are enjoying the kit and it tickles me no end to see groups enjoying them as well :)

Originally posted by Bowhunter
WOW!!!!!!! That was an awesome pic
Uhhh, I hope you meant a "thumbs up" and not a "thumbs down"... :D

I built mine with one of the new baffle kits and it worked beautifully

That's good to hear. I'm a little worried about the baffle kits - I have never used them. Sounds like they work as advertised!

Thanks for sharing!

Pat

When I built my DW -oh so long ago- I incorporated a baffle. It has always worked great, plus my DW can double as a marraca now.

Now if I could just get over trying to use a streamer on windy days and stop popping fins off. :)

kj

Back