Japanese Funshin Dan rocket revision

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterAlway

Reaction score
I feel like a regular James Bond, "compiling a dossier of intelligence reports on a secret rocket weapon." That is to say that I've stumbled into a declassified document from the 1940's in the National Archives of Australia that has more dimensions on a rocket that I did in my WW II booklet. So here is a revised drawing on an air-to-air rocket used by the Japanese in WW II. There are still some iffy and contradictory dimensions (Some sources use metric units, but the new one uses English units rounded to the nearest quarter inch), but it's better than I had a few years ago. As far as I know, there are no legit Japanese drawings or museum specimens in existence, so we're stuck with the bits and pieces in three intelligence reports that have found their way to the internet.

Attachments

• Roketto Dan 15.GIF
    Roketto Dan 15.GIF
    92.8 KB · Views: 0
Peter,
Thank you so much for updating this. I am very interested in the Pacific Theater with my biggest focus, from a modeling standpoint, being Japanese aircraft and related equipment. This is the most detail I have ever seen regarding this weapon and is certainly enough to build a nice model from.

Andrew

Back