Is the Robert DeHate theft go fund me legitimate?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, his petty cash box was stolen on Saturday at the Spaceport Cup. Robert has been a critical part of the event for years, delivering most of the motors, assisting the teams offsite and onsite with motor assembly and last-minute supplies. Plus tips and advice.

It's difficult to think that students (or volunteers) were the only ones allowed in that area and decided to do this. He vaguely remembers a team asking strange questions on the last day after most flying was over. Possibly to distract him.

Hopefully bad Karma comes to those involved in the evil theft. Shame on you if you are on here and see this post.

Can't frickin believe that happened. On top of what Gloria is going thru. Remember, he is ALWAYS there for us in our hours of need on the playa. He pulled my ass out of the fire at LDRS, so I owe him. Good thing is I have 5 motors to put back in inventory and enough roxy poxy for the next build. Sad, and you just have to know they weren't rocketeers. They were and still are scum. A pox on the guilty parties. .

I met him but once many years ago. We talked about his staging abilities, which back in that time were top shelf among us. Likely still remains very respected. I haven't had contact with him since.
Karma will deal with those responsible...it has done so for me under very different circumstances.
My donation will follow.

Man, this sucks to hear. Robert and Gloria are great folks. He turned me onto a prefecture closer to me and this group has been great to fly with. He makes an effort to do what he can for us, i will do what i can for them....(great hats too!!)

Man, this sucks to hear. Robert and Gloria are great folks. He turned me onto a prefecture closer to me and this group has been great to fly with. He makes an effort to do what he can for us, i will do what i can for them....(great hats too!!)
Fergot about those! Now I need (?) one, Thx!

It saddens me that this has happened. Robert DeHate certified me my L3. I, in turn, helped him get his Patriot weighed up. It ended up at 127 pounds without motor. Robert is a good guy and he'd help anyone on the field. Karma will get those responsible.

100% funded in 6 days. Nice work!

Side note: I had the pleasure of speaking with Gloria a few times over the phone and I met Robert at LDRS. They run an honest business and they gave me a fair deal on a substitute product after an order went awry (not their fault). Why anybody would think to steal from them is beyond me.

I just finished saying kind things about them in another thread earlier today when I found out about the theft from a random Google Search. I’m really sorry that that happened but I could not be more proud of the rocketry hobby, on and off TRF, for fixing this so quickly.

Back