Is HyperTek Still around ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjhambrick

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
All --

I've been slowly going thru my old inventory and I found my 54 mm HyperTek Box.

I've still got one Grain but no ground support system

Are there any members that still fly these ?

Thanks

-- kjh

I have 2 54mm Hypertek motors and about a dozen grains, as well as a 75mm L system from before the TRA lawsuit was won. I used to fly with ROC in California, and they had GSE, but I moved a while ago and my current club doesn't have a working GSE setup. I am in the process of putting together GSE for it. My level 2 rocket was on a Hypertek J330, and my level 3 rocket was designed around the L575, which I have the hardware and 2 grains for, but haven't flown it yet.

Brian --

I lived in San Diego until 2001 and I flew in Ocotillo and I was a frequent flyer at the ROC Launches too.

I also did my Level 2 Cert on a HyperTek J Motor on Scott Bartel's GSE in Ocotillo ( or maybe it belonged to Black Sky ? )

I now fly with AARG in Central TX and I imagine I'll eventually branch out to other nearby clubs.

Where are you located ?

Good luck with the GSE Hacking Project !

-- kjh

These are pictures of pictures of my Level 2 Rocket and Launch ...

The Rocket ( a PML Kit that eventually Snapped when it landed on an Ocitillo Rock Pile with the HyperTek J-Motor Inside )

20230630_094725.jpg

And my blurry Level 2 Lift Off :)

20230630_094621.jpg

My level 3 was on a Hypertek M1010 at ROC in 2008, Wayne Mrazek was my L3CC, he passed away a week before my launch. Doc Hansen took over for him. The Hypertk M's had great thrust but were tough to get going and you REALLY needed to be careful with the grains.

Attachments

• AUT_1646.JPG
    AUT_1646.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 0
I believe HyperTek is no longer around, but at one point CTI planned to take over production. AFAIK, that never happened. Does anyone have definitive info on this?

(I have been holding off marking all the HyperTek motors as OOP in ThrustCurve.org because CTI claimed to be bringing them back.)

@kjhambrick, are you looking to acquire some GSE? I have a complete (I think) Hypertek setup, but it's at my parents' house 2,300 miles away. I'm planning to visit them in a few months.

@kjhambrick, are you looking to acquire some GSE? I have a complete (I think) Hypertek setup, but it's at my parents' house 2,300 miles away. I'm planning to visit them in a few months.
James --

I am not really looking for GSE ...

And I don't know if I'll ever use my HyperTek System again so I was thinking about sending my 54 mm HyperTek stuff to a loving home :)

All I have left of my original 4-pack is one 54 mm J Motor and the Tank ( 440 cc ? ) and some odds-n-ends in a desert-dirty, beat up cardboard box.

-- kjh

James --

I am not really looking for GSE ...

And I don't know if I'll ever use my HyperTek System again so I was thinking about sending my 54 mm HyperTek stuff to a loving home :)

All I have left of my original 4-pack is one 54 mm J Motor and the Tank ( 440 cc ? ) and some odds-n-ends in a desert-dirty, beat up cardboard box.

-- kjh
I’m available to “adopt” ;)

Hi. I used to live in Central TX and flew with AARG along with other clubs. (I got my L1 and L2 with AARG and Jim and Stu were my mentors for my L3). The Alamo Rocketeers have a great HP field out at Hondo.
The Fredericksburg school system was where Systems Go started. (It's a rocket based STEM curriculum that has spread to some other schools.) When I went to their student launches, they were using the HyperTeks as stated above. Since the students were HS age, they built their rockets with payloads, but used adult ground crews to load the oxidizer and launch the rockets for the students. They even made some trips out to White Sands area for larger projects. You might contact them.

Thanks for the info Rocketclar.

Alamo Rocketeers is on my do-list along with a few other Texas Clubs semi-local to Round Rock.

And if I hadn't already promised my HyperTek Stuff to someone else here on TRF I would try the FISD's STEM Program ...

I may check out Systems Go anyway -- even without the Hybrid Stuff -- what they're doing is important to the next Generation and it may prove inspirational to my granddaughters.

Thanks again.

-- kjh

Back