Introduction and question about Experimental Composite Propellant - by Terry McCreary

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvdsnyd

Reaction score
Hi,
I very new to this forum. I have been hanging around for a while, but have not posted.
My name is David, I have been building and flying rockets for about as long as I can remember. my high school went to the inaugural TARC competition back in 2003.We ended up going to the national launch in Virginia. My father and I started to experiment with sugar motors a few years ago. We learned a lot and designed, developed and flew a J-class motor. We are now looking to get into composite propellant. I have joined the restricted forum as well, but figured this would be a good place to ask this question-

I have called around to RedArrow Hobbies, Aerocon, RCS, and a few others trying to locate a place to buy the highly regarded Experimental Composite Propellant by Terry McCreary. I have even sent Mr. McCreary an email at his college address. I am wondering if anyone knows any information about this book going through another print run in the near future?

Thank you so much for your help!
Dave

I remember a new version was announced but it never remember it coming to fruition.

I remember Terry posting somewhere (TRA listserve??) that it's been delayed, that life has been in the way of finishing it. Hope all is well and we get to read it soon!

Unfortunately, it is temporaily listed out of stock :-(
Thanks though!

I got mine a while (year?) ago from NASSA https://www.nassarocketry.com/

Thanks, I couldn't find it through NASSA either. Appreciate the help though!

I remember a new version was announced but it never remember it coming to fruition.

I remember Terry posting somewhere (TRA listserve??) that it's been delayed, that life has been in the way of finishing it. Hope all is well and we get to read it soon!

Thanks Guys, I saw a couple of posts as well by Terry saying that it has been delayed in my searching. I think one post was almost a year or two old. I know he is a college professor, being September, he has to be busy. I hope all is well with him as well. In the meantime, I would like to get my hands on the first edition. If I can't find it, hopefully he makes another print run soon. From talking to other vendors, I am not the only one interested in the book.

PM tbonerocketeer (csrocketry.com). He had a few copies left a couple of months ago.

Thank's Poly!
In my searching, I had not seen this site. I sent him an email...fingers crossed!

Thanks All!!

Thanks Mark,
I knew I saw that ad somewhere! I started looking through all of my old Rockets magazines and could not find it. Then you posted that pic, and I instantly remember. Ha! I saw that Tripoli released September Tripoli Report this morning, and the same ad for ECP is in there...what do you think, go for it?

I haven't gotten a response back from Terry yet.

Thanks again for your suggestions! Really appreciate it

Dave

I haven't received one ,,,,,
and sure would like one.........

Teddy

MarkH
Check your PM's
Teddy,
Your PM inbox is full, clear it up please :)
Thanks,
Dave

Hello, Folks. I can give you a "sort of" update on Dr. Terry McCreary's excellent book. First off, Terry himself does not have any more copies of the book available for sale at this time. In fact, we had been running an advertisement for it in the "Tripoli Report", but it is being pulled for the December issue due to the current unavailability. The good news is that Terry has been in communication with the guys running the Tripoli Store to arrange a new printing run of the book. I am not certain of when it may be available again, and am unsure if the details have been finalized yet (these are very recent devlopments). I would not anticipate availability until some time in the first quarter of 2014, at earliest.

Now, it is possible that some rocketry dealers may have a few remaining copies available - if memory serves, I think Terry had distributed the book through some dealers, but I honestly don't recall for sure which ones.....

Once the book is available for sale again, I am sure there will be an announcement on the TRA members forum, and I will try to remember to post something here as well.

It's a great book, and well worth obtaining if/when you want to venture into rocket motor making.... and I'm not selling my copy! :)

Ken Good
TRA# 00132

Thanks for posting those links, Will. It proves my memory wasn't playing tricks on me!

Ken Good

Just received an announcement about a new publishing of Terry's book.

If you go to contacts at the below website and get in touch with Dave Rose I think he can answer all of your questions.

https://compositepropellantbook.com/

Joe,,,
Thank you for staying on top of this like you have.......
There's a purchase tab right on that web page,,,,,,
it links you to your paypal account,,,,,,,,
it doesn't get any easier then that........
Thanks again Joe,,,,

Teddy

Back