Interesting…… 3d printing turns bleach to non toxic rocket fuel article

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So T-Stoff has come around yet again......whiles its less toxic than Hydrazine it has its own issues.
Hmm..for a website called “TechXplore” they sure gloss over the issues connected with high concentration H2O2 - propulsion ready hydrogen peroxide is even further from dime store hair bleach as nitromethane racing fuel is from pump gas 😉

I stopped reading at "hydrogen peroxide is largely non-toxic to humans." 🤣

Two guys were ordering drinks.
The first one said "I'll have some H2O."
The second said "I'll have some H2O, too."
The second guy died.
Hah! Good one 👍

Though it’s far from non-toxic the results from decomposition are - especially in comparison to hydrazine. So I guess that’s a useful thing, maybe?

I think this misconception that hydrogen peroxide is safe just comes from the fact that it's a common thing found in medicine cabinets. The thing people miss is that those bottles you get at the drugstore are a solution with a minimal amount of actual peroxide. Stuff gets toxic and explody when you purify it to the 70%+ required to use it as a rocket oxidizer.

"A splash of peroxide on a wool suit can turn the wearer into a flaming torch, suitable for decorating Nero's gardens."

"Name a substance at random, and there's a 50-50 chance (or better) that it will catalyze peroxide decomposition."

-"Ignition! An Informal History of Liquid Rocket Propellants" John D. Clark

Just for fun I googled explody too see what Google's vast net would haul in ...

Your first name of Explody gives you the ability to understand people and to merge conflicting viewpoints to create harmony in association.
... You dislike heavy manual work; as well, you are inclined to put plans off until forced to take action.
... This name creates weaknesses in the fluids of the body, kidneys, or glandular system.

I think this misconception that hydrogen peroxide is safe just comes from the fact that it's a common thing found in medicine cabinets.
We had some when I was a kid. It was extremely useful for inducing vomiting when one of the dogs ate something toxic, although for this purpose I think it had to be watered down even more.

Last edited:
We had some when I was a kid. It was extremely useful for inducing vomiting when one of the dogs ate something toxic, although for this purpose I think it had to be watered down even more.
1ml per pound of dog...straight from the bottle (if its the normal stuff off the shelf of your local Walmart/Pharmacy) if its 3% solution. It works for inducing vomiting in dogs who have eaten things they shouldnt...like socks...dont ask me how I know...but it is recommended by our vets office.

Back