Incredibly cool stuff!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catalogs are, and have always been, totally cool. When I was a kid flying model rockets, having the catalogs to pore over between launches was a very important part of the experience. Kudos to Quest Aerospace for continuing to publish a colorful printed catalog. It is much appreciated.

MarkII

I am not *technically* a BAR because I never owned rockets when I was a kid. I had one acquaintance that I watched fly once or twice. My real attachment to the hobby came from a family that lived near my grandparents. They were into rocketry and RC planes and while I was visiting for a couple weeks one summer they gave me an Estes catalog that I kept and drooled over and dreamed over for several years. Our family could never afford to do such things but when my boys got to be in Cub Scouts I remembered that catalog and I started dreaming again.

Paper catalogs are good. You never know where they'll end up.

If you have ordered from Quest, you will automatically get a catalog. Do be sure and get your friends to sign up for one though.

If you have ordered from Quest, you will automatically get a catalog. Do be sure and get your friends to sign up for one though.

Are you shipping box-fulls to large clubs? (Media mail is fairly cheap, or you can cram a "flat rate box" full).

If not, we'll just keep pointing folks to the website and encourage them to order product.

Thanks.

Oh the agony. i know Ive had a quest catalog before but can't recall how I got it. I'm 99% sure it was from them direct....

His post for "2 weeks" was 2 weeks ago.
Nothing in the snail mail.
Nothing on the Quest site.

May we have a new ETA?

It's only been three days.

No, I just got excited, but yes, they're on their way. The box we got was just a few dozen for proofing, the rest are sizzling up now. Does anyone want fries with that?

I think it's worthy, one you will want to keep.

It's only been three days.

No, I just got excited, but yes, they're on their way. The box we got was just a few dozen for proofing, the rest are sizzling up now. Does anyone want fries with that?

I think it's worthy, one you will want to keep.

Did you snd an advanced copy to one of "us" for proofreading? We are VERY good at spotting typos. :D

I remember getting the first new Estes catalog after a catalog printing hiatus and turning to the thrust curve page and seeing the horrible mistakes - corrected online quickly (after I picked up the catalog, saw the errors, pulled my car over and cell-phoned them to inform them) and never repeated in future years, but still bad to have printed in so many copies.

Did you snd an advanced copy to one of "us" for proofreading? We are VERY good at spotting typos. :D

I remember getting the first new Estes catalog after a catalog printing hiatus and turning to the thrust curve page and seeing the horrible mistakes - corrected online quickly (after I picked up the catalog, saw the errors, pulled my car over and cell-phoned them to inform them) and never repeated in future years, but still bad to have printed in so many copies.

You were reading that tiny little chart while driving. Shame on you.

YEAH!!! Shame on you, Fred!!! :eek::y::bangbang:

Don't tell me "Mr. Safety" is one of those cell phoning, texting, and rocket catalog reading drivers... :rolleyes:

:roll::neener: OL JR :)

You were reading that tiny little chart while driving. Shame on you.

I looked it over before I drove away from the place I picked them up from. I then decided that it was early enough to call them, so I pulled over a few blocks away and made the call.

It was the 2002 catalog. The PDf version I downloaded and saved is clearly the corrected version. You can tell because the formatting of the motor curve page does not match the other pages. It was fixed and inserted online - which is a good thing to do when errors are identified. They did a similar thing when the 2 butter pats of clay became 4 butter pats of clay in the SpaceShipOne model - the instructions were immediately updated and uploaded onto the Estes website.

That kind of response to customer input is what we're looking for under the new management.

Of course, Quest has tried to do that since "day one". :D

Awesome!! Way to go Shrox and Quest, I definitely will be buying some Quest kits this year. :clap::clap::clap:

I agree that it does look good.

Well done.

Can you give us any info on the motors that were supposed to come out?

Full Betty is cute, like the Aerospace One, Hi-Q, Grunt, and Quadrunner are on my list, as well as the 4 motor cluster mount.

Nice looking catalog!

kj

Full Betty is cute, like the Aerospace One, Hi-Q, Grunt, and Quadrunner are on my list, as well as the 4 motor cluster mount.

Nice looking catalog!

kj

I did not see the 4 motor cluster mount in the catalog. Where did you see it?

I'll probably modify a Quadrunner into a four motor cluster just like the original design. :D

The three rockets on the cover are cool. I like the space ship/jet Interceptor looking models the best.

Back