I'm ready to launch some mid power!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCC

Reaction score
Construction on the Madcow DX3 and the Mega der Red Max is complete. I've got a bunch of motors ready and waiting. All I have to do now is launch them.

GWo7kb2hEu8h6CNTEoWzEMkzd-sQA0d80CSOz6WmZ5s=w699-h1047-no

Construction on the Madcow DX3 and the Mega der Red Max is complete. I've got a bunch of motors ready and waiting. All I have to do now is launch them.

GWo7kb2hEu8h6CNTEoWzEMkzd-sQA0d80CSOz6WmZ5s=w699-h1047-no

Wait, you also have to post pictures and videos! Good luck with the flights. What motors are you planning to use?

Wait, you also have to post pictures and videos! Good luck with the flights. What motors are you planning to use?

I have some econojet F23's for the Ascender. I was thinking first flight on the DX3 would be be a G40-7W. The Der Red Max will either be a G64-7W or maybe a G80-7T...

I have some econojet F23's for the Ascender. I was thinking first flight on the DX3 would be be a G40-7W. The Der Red Max will either be a G64-7W or maybe a G80-7T...

Nice selection, looks like you're ready for L1. I've flown my mega der red max on a G64 and it needed a 4 or 5 sec delay.

Nice selection, looks like you're ready for L1. I've flown my mega der red max on a G64 and it needed a 4 or 5 sec delay.

Okay thanks. I will check it out in the sim again. I already have my level 1 rocket. I'm going to build it this winter. Its a Madcow Torrent. I have all the stuff to set it up dual deploy, but I might do the certification with motor ejection.

Last edited:
Cool on building more rockets but you can easily get you L1 with that very nice looking DX3.

I agree...I think I accidentally used a G64-7 when I wanted a -4 and had to hold my breath a few seconds (a bunch of us at the launch were thinking failed ejection charge), but the chute finally came out on the way down. On the plus side, it made for a close recovery and the rocket survived fine. :)

G64 was a great motor for the MDRM!

Nice looking fleet... they will look even better with some fire and smoke trailing behind them.

Midpower is a gateway motor...

Kenny

Amen, the G64 from Aerotech ruined me, I love that motor... but I love the H128 even more!

Cool on building more rockets but you can easily get you L1 with that very nice looking DX3.

Thats a good point. I could use it for level one and save the Torrent for a dual deploy level 2.

Heck, you could probably get L1 with the Mega Red Max if you built it well. See how it does on the G's and the next level up isn't that far off. :)
I have seen it done a couple of times. I mean seriously, I did mine with a LOC Onyx so either of those kits are more substantial. The DX3 is a natural for a H128W.

Just got my L1 on a Max, and it worked great! Took an H175 like a champ. It's plenty strong stock - those interlocking parts make the backend really solid, and being pretty draggy you can see the whole flight easily.

MDRM on G64-4W today and announcer called it a perfect deploy...mid power goodness! :grin:

thumb-190666-950.jpg
thumb-190667-389.jpg

Also +1 on what Oberon said above about "It's plenty strong stock"...mine is stock and landed from the above flight on some hard-pack dirt with a loud thud (someone behind me said "ouch!"), but it hit fairly flat on the bottom and there was no damage.

Back