I need more volunteers.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quickburst

Reaction score
The company I retired from had a program called "Continuous Improvement". This program was centered around the thought there is always room to improve your product. In this case I've been working on improving QuickDip and I think that after many weeks of research I've managed to do it. Now I need flyers to try the product and tell me what you think of it. Good? Bad? Better? Indifferent?

Ill send you a sample kit of the new compound, you try it and write me a review of your thoughts. In return you will grant me permission to use your review to promote or abandon the product.

I'm looking to find four volunteers to do as described above.

I'll need a good email address and street address. We will be using email to communicate. I expect your review within six weeks.

I'll accept the first four to volunteers that reply to this message.

I thank you for your time.

I like the previous products I've tried from you, but I'm on board to test an improvement. Count me in!

Sandy.

I'm interested. I've attached pics of the ones I'm currently using. They will light Q-Jets, even one where an igniter lit but not the motor. These are the starters with a Q-Jet B4 and some of the motors I'm making, 18 mm D grain Fs. The third picture is the grains that go in the motors. I haven't tried the BKNO3 dip yet. Are these that? Your standard pyrogen on 30 gauge leads with 50u tungsten bridge wires dipped. I have to paint the grain for reliable ignition. I would like to be able to make the motors without painting the grain.
18mm igniter in B4-4 4.jpg 18mm motor 07.jpg 18mm grains 2.jpg

I'd be happy to help out.

Last edited:
Whatever Dave makes, I'll buy! I need some more go goo anyway. Hope testing finishes quickly. (See what I did there?)

I'm interested. I've attached pics of the ones I'm currently using. They will light Q-Jets, even one where an igniter lit but not the motor. These are the starters with a Q-Jet B4 and some of the motors I'm making, 18 mm D grain Fs. The third picture is the grains that go in the motors. I haven't tried the BKNO3 dip yet. Are these that? Your standard pyrogen on 30 gauge leads with 50u tungsten bridge wires dipped. I have to paint the grain for reliable ignition. I would like to be able to make the motors without painting the grain.
View attachment 480651 View attachment 480652 View attachment 480653
Your in.

Please send me an email to [email protected]. Ill need your name and street address.

Mixed propellant and smoke grains for 8 5" grain E13s. Will assemble without added pyrogen to see if the new pyrogen will ignite the grain. The standard pyrogen does not. Will also try the BKNO3 pyrogen at some point. Pics of the motor construction are in the '18 mm motor' thread in the Research forum. I can post them here if you do not have access. One grain had large bubbles in and may fail. so there will be 7 motors, 5" propellant, full E13s, .111" (#34) nozzle throat.

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything. When can I expect the sample? I'll static test in front of a video camera once I get the sample in. I never even got an acknowledgement that you got my info correctly. I've sent it again just to make sure.

Got the pyrogen and made starters. Static fired 8 motors, all Es. Do you want me to post results here or should I email you?

I was one of the volunteers. I sent a review to Dave. Here is part of it....

But how did they work? Having to go from memory, I think I’ve had a 10~25% failure rate with the existing Estes starters. I normally try to fly 5 ~ 10 low power rockets at a launch. MOST, but not all, launches have at least 1 redo. Sometimes it is the ground support equipment (dirty clips, bad springs on the clips, etc.) and not the starter itself. I can’t really say for certain the real failure rate of the starters themselves.

I brought my bag of enhanced starters to NARAM-62 Sport Range. Across 2 days I flew 15 rockets – and not a single failure. In fact, one flight was the Semroc Hydra VII with 7 motors. All 7 motors lit for a fantastic flight! Obviously, no complaints on the performance of the starters with the dip!

I got the pyrogen. However, ProCast worked best for me. All 8 18 mm D grain motors lit. Static firing
These were the motors I fired. Full details in the 18 mm Motors thread in the research forum. 18mm igniter making 01.jpg

Back