I'm gonna regret this...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Lab Rat Rocketry is now on Facebook. Yeah, I know, but Wix is trying to nickle and dime every aspect, and they are making using mailing lists cost prohibitive for small operations. As such, I'll be winding down the mailing list, and announcing sales, restocks and new products through Facebook (and here) only. Sorry to do this (on a number of fronts), but I'm kinda stuck on this one as I don't see the value of the mailing list balancing with the need to pass that new cost on.

Anyhow, stop in, say hi, post your cool projects and follow (or whatever else it is you are supposed to do). Even if they don't contain Lab Rat items, I like pictures of cool rockets (which is basically all of them) and presumably anyone else who visits will too. In the best case this can be another place for rocket people to share ideas and projects, and in the worst case it will be like most of the rest of Facebook. Also, suggestions to improve the page and user experience are welcome, but please go gently on me, I'm learning this social media thing.

https://www.facebook.com/LabRatRocketry

Last edited:
Man, I'm sorry as well, though to be honest I haven't had time to build anything, much less order anything. I just hate the domination of huge companies...
Matt Inman of theoatmeal.com summarized it very well in a comic that I can't find on his site right now, but here's a link to an article about it:

Pay $2000 to boost a post to 1/10 of your followers.

The original comic is great. So must economies of scale lead to virtual monoplization? I'm not on "the Faceplace" and yes, I miss out on a lot that is exclusively on it. I just don't need that level of complexity in my life.

But best to you, hope your recovery is better than you ever expected, and quick as well.

Back