I need Help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mateozro

Reaction score
I recently got a Athena Loc Precisions Rocket Kit with a DMS H182R-14A Motor. I am trying to set up the DMS motor , I was given a 2 ML vial, should I use the entire vial? The dimensions are 29mm x 203mm (1.3'' x 8.0'') it says use half of the contents of the vial for 2.6'' diameter but I am not sure if they are talking about the same content. Please let me know.

I recently got a Athena Loc Precisions Rocket Kit with a DMS H182R-14A Motor. I am trying to set up the DMS motor , I was given a 2 ML vial, should I use the entire vial? The dimensions are 29mm x 203mm (1.3'' x 8.0'') it says use half of the contents of the vial for 2.6'' diameter but I am not sure if they are talking about the same content. Please let me know.
Since you’ve decided not to heed the advice offered in you LaserLoc 223 thread, you would be best off seeking out a mentor experienced with high power rocketry that can assist you with hands on guidance.

That vial contains (I believe) black powder for the ejection charge. The amount required is dependent on the volume of the airframe you need to pressurize. There are online calculators to assist you in determining the amount of black powder needed.

Last edited:
Back