HP Rocketeer & now HAM licensed!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but............... Some fliers simply want to APRS track period. No need for a General. In fact with the now available EggFinder, one doesn't have to be a Ham to have an economical and workable GPS tracking system that works pretty well. Sure the 70cm band might have a little more range and the FT1D,
D72's and VX-8GR's can be directly wired into some handheld Garmin mapping GPS units. I think the 78 is the only current one available with the round port
but 60Cs and the desireable 60CsX's are available on ebay now. The cost of the Ham solution is pretty high. I'm not going to give it up as I have invested in it. I'm going to be happy to use my EggFinders too once I get some rockets built. Oh, I do have an inverted L in the backyard I use HF with a portable rig and antenna tuner. A lot of fun but not necessary to find rockets. Kurt

You don't have any rockets built ?????

Teddy

You don't have any rockets built ?????

Teddy

Not purpose built for the EF's yet. Want to do a simple LOC tubed minimum diameter DD bird for 38mm motors using a cable cutter. Will cut the base of the NC and the forward bay will carry the tracker and the deployment electronics. Flown the BLGPS's a lot on some scratch builds, Talon 2, WMJr and 3" Wildman rocket (L1400). Have a patch antenna on a 8 foot pole for an EF base station and want to compare with APRS.
Kurt

Last edited:
My signature's kinda funny now too Kurt...
They are having some kind of a problem with the signatures...
So they using mine as a test...
My logo is halfway across the page now...lol
When I made my site I found out how complex that kind of stuff can be...
I don't know why the signatures are giving them a bit of a hard time,, but I sure feel for them...
That kind of thing on my site gave me a headache...lol...

Teddy

Back