how to finish a year and start a new one

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swissflyer

Reaction score
one of my christmas present was a LOC onyx kit.. :)

i think that he is somehow short, so i decided, when ordering it, to add lenght by adding a Electronics bay and a payload compartment.

in the same time i ordered some Perfectflite electronics, to see how it works the dual deployment business...

it's christmas time, so no shortage of bulb to be used as ejection charge.....(i found a great house light system with some 450 bulb for about 20$..a lifetime reserve.. )

in a couple of evening i assembled the Onyx..can be done in one evening, but i used Hysol 9462 as glue, and he set overnight..but the result is perfect..

meantime i tested some bulbs with black power...

and he was ready to launch..for the first flight i decided to use the motor delay for a main chute and the apogee charge for the nose cone...
is still my first rocket with electronic..i can't ask too much.. ;-)

rocksim tell me that the height will be around 188-193 meters..
CP and CG are ok and confirmed with the real rocket..

today at almost 1700 hours..by some -3°C i loaded a F52-8..

first i launched a executioner..to see how the wind is....wind..in winter we have no wind...the smoke trail barely moved away...

liftoff for the onyx....

at the apogee the nose popped away and floated down ...some time later was time for the main parachute to be at work..

just perfect...

i couldn't ask for a better end of 2006, and this set me for a great 2007..!!!

i love this hobby!! :)

whell...HAPPY NEW YEAR to everybody, full of great liftoffs!!

p.s. The Hialt45 altimeter bipped out 612 feet as max height...they are 186 meters!

Back