How do I export Rocksim fin plan points pattern?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Open the finset.
At the bottom of the page is a button: Export template...
It will allow you to export a .svg file.

Once you have the .svg, you can open it in notepad, copy the text and enter into an online tool like:
https://spotify.github.io/coordinator/

After paste, select "Get Coordinates" on the left nav.

You can then select csv on the left, then click CSV on the right and it will download a csv file that can be used in Excel.
1709742073970.png

What are you going to use it for?

Last edited:
If you haven't already, In RockSim, go to Edit > Preferences > Miscellaneous tab. Check "Allow Template Exports". You should only have to do this once. After that you will have the Export template button.

If you haven't already, In RockSim, go to Edit > Preferences > Miscellaneous tab. Check "Allow Template Exports". You should only have to do this once. After that you will have the Export template button.
Why should that ever be disabled? That seems like a weird preference.

What are you going to use it for?
Thanks again. I also wanted to answer the other part of your reply.

I am doing a BT-50 sized prototype of a new design that I’m working on. It will ultimately be a 4” airframe design if I make it work.

The design has multiple pods, layered fins, other unique features, making it too complex to model in Rocksim. I need to physically cut out pieces and see how things fit together. I will print them on card stock and cut them out. I already have a 3D custom nose cone being designed… if I don’t succeed, I will lower my expectations and create a simpler design that will work with the new NC.

Bret

Back