Hi from Barcelona, Spain

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisGamerAlex

Reaction score
Hello fellow rocketeers, my name is Alejandro (but I prefer Alex), I'm 22 yo and I live in Barcelona, Spain. I'm currently at high school trying to get into the aerospace engineer career here at UPC (usually this is done at 17/18 yo here but I have studied and worked before too).
I'm amazed about all things involving rockets, rocket motors, space and planes. Here in high school you are asked to do a research project on a subject of your choice, so I decided to investigate, design and build an experimental amateur rocket (or just experimental rocket, I find those definitions a bit ambiguous).
It's a shame that here in Spain, rocketry isn't a known at all thing, and that makes it even harder to find/buy some parts for your rockets, even at European level.

This is a little introduction about me, I'm hoping to learn a lot from all of you and to spread this hobby around my people.

P.S. If someone is curious about my research project, you can DM me and whenever I have finished it, I could translate it and send it to you.

Hello fellow rocketeers, my name is Alejandro (but I prefer Alex), I'm 22 yo and I live in Barcelona, Spain. I'm currently at high school trying to get into the aerospace engineer career here at UPC (usually this is done at 17/18 yo here but I have studied and worked before too).
I'm amazed about all things involving rockets, rocket motors, space and planes. Here in high school you are asked to do a research project on a subject of your choice, so I decided to investigate, design and build an experimental amateur rocket (or just experimental rocket, I find those definitions a bit ambiguous).
It's a shame that here in Spain, rocketry isn't a known at all thing, and that makes it even harder to find/buy some parts for your rockets, even at European level.

This is a little introduction about me, I'm hoping to learn a lot from all of you and to spread this hobby around my people.

P.S. If someone is curious about my research project, you can DM me and whenever I have finished it, I could translate it and send it to you.
Definitely interested. Be safe out there!

Hi,

the density of rocketeers in Spain (and Europe in general) is not overly high, but there are some.

First of all, there is Tripoli Spain.
Seeing you're a student, there is some student rocketry going on in Spain. For example STAR from Madrid will attend this years EuRoC (European SAC equivalent). Closer to you, there is Cosmic Research and I've stumbled over these guys a couple days ago.

Reinhard

Hi,

the density of rocketeers in Spain (and Europe in general) is not overly high, but there are some.

First of all, there is Tripoli Spain.
Seeing you're a student, there is some student rocketry going on in Spain. For example STAR from Madrid will attend this years EuRoC (European SAC equivalent). Closer to you, there is Cosmic Research and I've stumbled over these guys a couple days ago.

Reinhard
Hi Reinhard, thanks for the information! I'm aware of Tripoli Spain but I can't seem to find anything new on it, seems like it is a bit dead (I would love it if it's not, but doesn't seem very active). I didn't know STAR but I'll take a look and I didn't know Cosmic Research too but hey, that is the rocket team from the university I want to get in!! I didn't know that haha :)

It's so cool to have found that out, to be honest.

The Reddit guys apparently are the rocket team from UPV. It's the same kind of university as the one I want to go but mine is Politechnic University of Catalonia, UPC, and theirs is Politechnic University of Valencia, UPV.

Thanks again for your time.

Take care

One thing I learned right away even at a young age was that if I couldn't find or buy what I needed (I never had any money at that time), you fabricate from other people's garbage. It's amazing what you can find if you go through enough trash. I was able able to build *something* from what other folks were getting rid of.

Back