Help with Covid PAPR Hoods

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yukon@K-9 Rocket Tech

Student, Drone and Rockets, Aspiring Engineer
Reaction score
Hey Ya'll! I wondered how I can join in the war against the virus, and decided to put my skills and resources to help with R and D on PPE. So the last few weeks I have completely paused on rocketry and focused on developing PAPR hoods for medical workers. I have volunteered to be a part of the "1 Million Ventilator Project" 's PAPR hood team. Tyvek Prortypes is finished and I am currently on V1.3. But I need to get v1.4 done asap and even if the engineering team feels like the hoods are good enough, feedback from medical workers always leads to some change. V1.3 has gotten relatively positive feedback with minor changes necessary to be sent to hospitals. I would like as much information possible if you ever used one, wore one, or have one. What are parts that were uncomfortable, what issue shave you encountered, how is the flow towards your face, is your hospital disposing them like normal or reusing them, ect.

more info on the hoods here. I apologize for lack of updates and not being too active, practically all my free time aside from studying is put into this project

https://hackaday.io/project/170505-coronavirus-papr-hood

Thanks and stay safe!

Back