Help wiring my Mariah

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomSmith58

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Newbie here. I have a few questions.

I have the Shurter brand switch that Missileworks sells. It has four poles. I see the wiring diagram but it is no help. What do I wire to what? Do I shunt some of the poles? I have an RRC3 altimeter. Which switch pole goes to which contact on the altimeter? Which position is off, 110 or 220?

In the Mariah there is a 4x1 slot in the shotgun tube to expose the electronics when you are on the ground. I assume the switch and the charge contacts are the most important to leave exposed. In fortunately the opening is a little short for a switch and the RRC3. Is it really important to leave the battery exposed? It is not much work to take the tray out to get at the battery and switch connections. Assuming I get those right I should never have to revisit them.
Yours newly
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

You want to be able to arm the electronics on the pad without opening the rocket. Make sure your switch for the RRC3 is in the off or open position until you have the rocket upright on the pad. Then turn on your switch (contacts closed) so the RRC3 will power up and ready itself for launch.

The only critical thing to have accessible at the pad is the switch, so you can turn it on at the pad (and off, if something isn't right).

As far as the switch contacts go, decide which position you're going to use as "off". It can be 110, or 220. Turn the switch to your "on" position, and use a multimeter to figure out which pair of pins is now a closed circuit. Turn the switch back to your "off" position, and verify that those same two pins are now open. Once you've done that, you know where to connect the leads which go to the switch terminal on the RRC3.

-Kevin

Back