Hello from Las Vegas, NV

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Huxter you asked for pics. Here's my Apogee Zephyr converted to dual deploy sitting on the pad at Jean Dry Lake Bed outside Vegas. I did my L1 and L2 with this rocket. Second pic is progress on me and my buddy Matt's Drago XLs. First flight scheduled for February on those.

1673058805168.jpeg1673059062253.jpeg

Awesome! I would love to launch there - nice area.

So you guys are building 2 Dragos? Sounds like some races are in you future! Good luck - they look great!

Welcome! Tripoli Vegas was where I called home for the last year. I have since moved to Florida for school, but that club has some fantastic people.

Awesome! I would love to launch there - nice area.

So you guys are building 2 Dragos? Sounds like some races are in you future! Good luck - they look great!
Yeah we are both building Drago XLs at the same time. It really helps to learn together and bounce ideas off each other. First time building glass for both of us.

Jean is definitely a cool area to fly. We are super lucky it's only 20 minutes away.

Welcome to the neighborhood, @bmac. I've been launching solo at Jean for the past year or so, G-motor MPRs. It's a great place—lots of room, zero trees.

Enjoy the Forum! Good people, great advice.

Hi @bmac, those are some cool rockets In your fleet! I myself have no HPR stuff (I’m mainly focused on LPR, and MPR), although I am working on a 5 foot tall spacex starship that could quite possibly take an H size engine. Anyway you can call me C.R. or something like that. Again, welcome to the form.

I’m still working on sourcing the parts, (I have to find a company that can laser cut 4 enormous transparent polyurethane fins) but once there are parts, there will be pictures

Back