Hawk 23B

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Reaction score
Almost done with my MadCow Hawk 23B . I needed another black and white rocket like a hole in the head, so went this route. I need to re-do the nosecone and add the stripe for it- then apply either a matte or flat clear (not sure ????) to knock the shine down some. Other than that its about ready- What do you think ??
BTW -Mark @ StickerShock is AWESOME to work with :clap:
2day62v.jpg

Got a shot outside today-
11ihan7.jpg

2uz4a48.jpg

ve0o7r.jpg

Last edited:
Not really sure yet crossfire- Would love a little in-put . Kinda leaning toward a G38J-7 or G40-7W single use- but certainly open to suggestions.
This is my first attempt at a semi-scale bird, as I'm still really new to it. So far really the biggest thing I have flown is my Pro-Series Argent on a G40 .
Unless its a really good day, thats plenty for single deploy at our field for me.

Andy

Last edited:
Andy, i just noticed what yer usin for a stand off! .21? 45? 67? 90 sleeve??:lol:

Andy, i just noticed what yer usin for a stand off! .21? 45? 67? 90 sleeve??:lol:

10 POINTS TO THE WINNER-
Took ya long enough - thats a Simpson Modded .90 Guess you know how I feel about that now huh- lol
Just trying not to tear the boat up......

Last edited:
The Hawk is done- grew a pair and cleared it today and redid the nose cone- Held my breath the entire time -
Came out really really good- i was VERY tentative to mess with it more esp with all the decals on, but after a TON of testing diff clears ( on test pieces for a change )-I found one that worked and went for it- post some shot's outside in the am
MINWAX- polyurethane- clear satin - was the ticket............

I'm proud of this one .....................

Nice looking build!
I had thought about this one real hard before I chose the Bull Pup for my first rocket...

JP

The sun finally peeked out long enough today for a few pics. All done with the exception of a flight under it- :cheers:

2ijndsp.jpg

123w0hu.jpg

2ymc7rq.jpg

2hziidh.jpg

Andy

Man, that is an OUTSTANDING job! Good luck on the maiden flight.

Hey Andy ,

Just wanted to say how very nice your HAWK turned out ,I love it !!

I also think the color scheme you chose is spot on ,different than the usual white & black.I never realized how many different color variations of the HAWKs there were until I did some research.I have a few ideas in my kicking around in the old noodle.

Nice job !

Sincerely

Paul T

Thank You for the kind words guys, its appreciated :)
One of the hardest parts for me was to SLOW DOWN- I usually like to bang em right out. The Bomarc is on the build table now, that one is a b-tch - lol

Paul , I was surprised at the options when I did a search as well.

Andy

Thank You for the kind words guys, its appreciated :)
One of the hardest parts for me was to SLOW DOWN- I usually like to bang em right out. The Bomarc is on the build table now, that one is a b-tch - lol

Paul , I was surprised at the options when I did a search as well.

Andy

I even found an Israeli version !

OBTW-Cool shirt !

Paul t

I really liked that one too- but once again- Toooo many white rockets- lol .

I agree !

The one I want to do,has a tan body ,olive drab band near the forward end and a reddish dark brown nosecone.

Also ,I do really like the red "Raytheon" ......nice touch !

Cheers

Paul t

No doubt you have almost done your work and it looks also very smooth and shiny. Here I have one question to you about this rocket model and weight and size. Could you please confirm me that all the things?

Back