Halloween Rocket Idea... Glowing Pringles Rocket.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
1633718524084.png

If you do it, I'd suggest hiding blue LEDs or one that does blacklight (ultraviolet) inside the ring fins. That would give the rocket an eerie glow, and would likely stimulate the glow-in-the-dark inks to glow brighter.
For even more fun, you might want to try LED filament wire. Norm from TESTED just did a video on this and it uses 3V to power the lights.

Another thing you could do is use black retroreflective film to improve your chances of finding it at night, while covering the graphics of smaller standard cans used for the ring fins. The black reflects as a whitish color when a light is shone on it.

Multicraft plastics has a printable film for ~$13 USD/yard (minimum purchase) and a non-printable film for ~$9 USD/yard)
https://multicraftplastics.com/product/OR070-5600-15

They're great folks, and the materials are awesome (I cover my bicycles with it). If I were back Stateside, you know I'd be trying this myself (not so easy to score this stuff here in China as Halloween isn't nearly as well celebrated as in the West).

Of course, you should put a tracker in it so you know where, when the chips are down. ;)

Please if you do this, post photos... And don't leave me in...

The Lurch.

Last edited:
Back