Goonie Kraken

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pem Tech

Notorious Member
Reaction score
Not too long ago Jewel Butler sent me a picture of one of his multitude of Kraken-esc creations. It was nothing less than a Goonie Kraken!
The man is a genius....

Immediately, work began on my own Goonie Kraken.

Today, the nice postman hands me a box from Jewel Butler.
Hmmmmmmmm
It wasn't ticking so I opened it and guess what was inside.
The ORIGINAL Goonie Kraken built by Jewel!

Here is a pic of the two Goonies, Jewel's on the left and my rendition on the right.

goonieKrakens.jpg

Also included were two chutes (one handmade no-less) and a CD with a flight movie and various construction pictures of the Gooni build.

Now, I knew the folks at TRF were great people, but this just goes above and beyond. So here is a big "Thank You" to Jewel for everyone to see.

Jewel and Layne, your guys' work never ceases to amaze me! The both look great!

Another goonie on the list . . .

Ooh. Those two looks great. I love how the Goonie theme looks on the Kraken.

Oh crap, now I've got to go buy another Baby Bertha. :D

Jewel flies THE best fin-less birds, I love watching his stuff fly. But I haven't seen the goonie one yet tho. :(

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more goonies!"

I believe that would be Estes! :D

Yeah, but Estes didn't really make down-scales or Goony scales of other rockets, did they? That's something that Fred Talasco and Excelsior Rocketry started doing a few years ago. Anyone else before him do it?

The Estes Goonies are just stupid flying toes and rabbits. Not Kraakens and Goblins.

Yeah, but Estes didn't really make down-scales or Goony scales of other rockets, did they? That's something that Fred Talasco and Excelsior Rocketry started doing a few years ago. Anyone else before him do it?

The Estes Goonies are just stupid flying toes and rabbits. Not Kraakens and Goblins.

Actually, the Estes Goonies were originally intended to be parodies of military vehicles. There was a discussion about it awhile back on YORF. Marketing changed them into the "stupid flying toes and rabbits", I believe.

But you're right, Fred deserves the credit. :)

Latest posts

Back