[Good launch day]First cluster launch!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spacepirate R

Reaction score
Launched a bunch of rockets today including my Semroc Defender. I loaded it with 3 Estes A8-3s and used Quest Q2G2 igniters twisted together and a Quest controller. WOW!:eyepop: That thing went up beautifully and came down nicely on it's 2 chutes. I just got a Semroc Goliath kit and I think I'll make it a cluster also.:D I might get a Ranger or mod a Big Bertha too.

Good day if a bit breezy. The first rocket was my Semroc My Boid and I forgot to put in wadding.:( The chute melted and it came down hard enough to pop a fin. (the ground is hard here) Fixable though.

Big Bertha an a C6-3, beautiful as usual.

Semroc Centurion on a C6-3. Beautiful flight but one of the shroud lines sliced into a fin and it came down horizontally but gently. Very fixable.

My Samurai (Quest Superbird with Red Max like fins) flew smoothly on a B6-4 but my trashbag chute did not open well. It still kind of floated down on those big fins and had minor fixable damage.

Der Red Max on a B6-4. My favorite rocket just flies like a dream.

Put up my recently repaired (had popped a fin) Estes Viking on an A8-3. Great flight but it popped another (different) fin on landing. I wonder if it having 5 fins is increasing the chances of damage?

I put up my repaired Semroc Goblin, the most beat-up rocket in my fleet, on a C11-5. I love this crazy thing! Amazing flight and i will keep it flying.:D

Estes Blue Ninja on a D12-5. This thing has never disappointed me. The crowd pleaser of the day.

Quest Cobalt and an A8-3. Flew beautifully and got lots of laughs when I brought it out.

I had 2 more ready to go (Estes Alpha and Semroc Astro-1) but I was tired from chasing all of those rockets and called it a day.

What a good day it was too.:cool:

Back