Gonna’ attach gliders to everything!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brockrwood

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I got 7 of these little styrofoam gliders fron Estes during their Cyber Monday sale. Only $1.50 each.

Looks like they just hook onto a short length of 1/8” launch lug paper tube.

I am going to glue a short length of launch lug onto all of my beater rockets as “Orbiter Attachment Points” and put gliders on everything!

I guess the glider needs to be attached as far aft as possible to ensure that the center of pressure stays as far aft as possible? Better to attach these to really stable rockets I think.

IMG_9223.jpeg

IMG_9224.jpeg

IMG_9225.jpegIMG_9226.jpegIMG_9227.jpeg

I see that they are still just $1.99 each. I may pick up some the next time I order anything from Estes.

I used to hang the Guillow Delta gliders on some of my rockets. They were very similar to the Estes gliders.

I glued a little dowel into the hook on the bottom of the glider so it would hang on a small piece of launch lug.

My Omega was a favorite launch vehicle for the gliders. I would hang two on it with each centered between two fins and the bottom of each just above the fins. It flew well even when I used a C motor (D motors were too big and scary!).

Back