Glencoe Mars Liner decals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billeblurzz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the reissue of this kit of the Disney Moon Rocket years ago and the water slide decals are trash. If anyone is familiar with this kit? Do you know where a good set of decals could be purchased? Thank you for any replies!

Well I decided to try to cut my own decals out of Trim Cote! Don't think it looks too bad? When the original Disneyland in Anaheim CA opened in late 50s, I was there and experienced the Rocket To The Moon exhibit in Tomorrowland! Maybe was the beginnings of my interest in rockets? I was all of 5 or 6 years old!

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 70
If you haven't already, go ask at the Starship Modeler forum.
I think a couple members there are decal producers.
(I know a couple members of Large Scale Central (trains) and Aircraft Resource Center (plastic models) are decal producers)

Thanks for the comments! I wish someone would come out with a flying rocket kit of this...I considered a plastic conversion into a flying model but just went with a display. I found out that Von Braun had some input in the original design!

Attachments

• 564dbfce6046e8d42cf3fece006c66a6.jpg
    564dbfce6046e8d42cf3fece006c66a6.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 25
I love this model too. I built this model as a Young kid back in the very early 60's and I loved the fact that it was in "TWA" markings, considering one of "TWA's" major hubs was across the river from us in St. Louis. I more recently bought the re-release with the decals that let one cut the decals with two cuts and one then got the original "TWA" markings! I bought it to modify into Andre Nortons "Solar Queen" for my wife.
I have a suggestion for Billieblurzzz:: Get on the Disney website and You will find free cardstock models including the Disney " TWA" ship. It makes into a nice size ship that, if built properly would most probably take the 'D' engines. Maybe one of our colleagues on this site might remember where it is. Cheers!

Just a historical note...and safe to ignore.

The name “Glencoe” carries a sinister connotation in Scottish history as the site of a massacre conducted by one clan against another back in the days of yore. The clans involved still harbor feelings about this.

My own Clan Cunningham and Clan Montgomery feuded for 300 years and we still give each other the side eye...even though we have intermarried since the truce.

Hatfields and McCoys were amateurs by our standards.

And the Scots are crazy.

Now returning you to your regularly scheduled topic already in progress.

The obsession continues! I recently picked up this vintage board game from 1956...I originally had one of these as a child soon after visiting the park! I don't remember if I actually bought the first one at Disneyland or not.e7999ad7f91b46c2853f924cc283a31a.jpga018431fd540b091e566961ed367ff37.jpg

Thanks for the comments! I wish someone would come out with a flying rocket kit of this...I considered a plastic conversion into a flying model but just went with a display. I found out that Von Braun had some input in the original design!
I have thought the same thing and am getting close to completing my Glencoe kit and also am having problems with the decals. There is no "model kit" per se but a guy on Shapeways makes designed 3D printed parts to build one based on a BT-60. I've bought some scale parts of his from Shapeways and have been very happy and I just finished up a big Astrobee 1500 using his parts. The line for the bottom half is and it isn't cheap because it is fairly large and a complicated print. Here is the link: https://www.shapeways.com/product/K...-fin-unit-for-bt60?optionId=58813617&li=shops

Back