Getting into HPR...need rail help(links are fine)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There is alot of info i am still looking through on here. . I did the ESTES C motor capable rockets, premade kits when i was younger. At 25 i went and built my first proper MPR, expoy and all. Think it was on an E. At 31,I just bought an Apogee Zehpyer. This is my largest rocket ever. Going to test it with some 39MM G motors for now until i can get certified. Now for the help...rails. I've seen some 8020 1010 rail ideas. some expensive steal DIY ideas, PVC....i want to use the 8020 stuff because it looks pretty easy(no welding needed)..does anyone have any plans, programs for 3d mock ups, links that can get me started?

1010 rail buttons simply CANNOT be beat, as long as mounting does not interfere with anything inside the rocket (Plunger, Laundry, etc.)

1010 rail buttons simply CANNOT be beat, as long as mounting does not interfere with anything inside the rocket (Plunger, Laundry, etc.)
Cool good to know. Any ideas on planning out a DIY build? It would be NICE to have a pivot point with how tall this rocket it.

It doesn't say where you're located. If you can, find a local club. 99.9% chance they'll have a club launch controller, pads and rails already. All you'd have to worry about is adding the rail buttons to your rocket.

To get certified you will almost certainly have to go to a club for that. A good sized club will have everything you need to launch other than your rocket and motor. If you are lucky they will have a motor vendor.

To get certified you will almost certainly have to go to a club for that. A good sized club will have everything you need to launch other than your rocket and motor. If you are lucky they will have a motor vendor.

Make sure that the club flies HPR, or they may not have a FAA Waiver.

Dave F.

Back