Galactic Manufacturing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's some hope they may be able to reopen in Q1, but obviously we want them to take care of themselves first.

Galactic Manufacturing is most definitely still in business. The business was sold and it is in business right now. The former owner of the business told me this.

I ordered and received a durable apollo launch tower from them. I now have no excuse for not finishing my Semroc Saturn 1B.

I'm on the road to a level 3 certification. I'll post about that in a future separate thread.

I bought an upscale kit for a 3" Estes Bandit and picked up the kit up today at my mail box.

The recommendation is to buy a 3" Der Big Red Max kit (which I did for my upscale 3" Citation Patriot bought last year) and to cannabolize the Red Max kit for some of its parts.

The Estes 3" Red Max kit appears to be too nice and I have extra parts I bought from Apogee Components with the intension to use for the 3" Bandit and Citation Patriot. Apogee sells 3" tubing cut for three fins that fits perfectly.

20240427_170913.jpg

I'm scratch building 3" diameter rockets to get familiar with dual deployment for a future level 3 cert.

The cost of Ammonium perchlorate is keeping my projects to 29 mm and 38 mm rockets for now.

Galactic sells just a fin and centering ring set for 29 mm only. Will there be an option to buy the same set for a 38 mm motor mount?

I'm on the road to a level 3 certification. I'll post about that in a future separate thread.

I bought an upscale kit for a 3" Estes Bandit and picked up the kit up today at my mail box.

The recommendation is to buy a 3" Der Big Red Max kit (which I did for my upscale 3" Citation Patriot bought last year) and to cannabolize the Red Max kit for some of its parts.

The Estes 3" Red Max kit appears to be too nice and I have extra parts I bought from Apogee Components with the intension to use for the 3" Bandit and Citation Patriot. Apogee sells 3" tubing cut for three fins that fits perfectly.

View attachment 642748

I'm scratch building 3" diameter rockets to get familiar with dual deployment for a future level 3 cert.

The cost of Ammonium perchlorate is keeping my projects to 29 mm and 38 mm rockets for now.

Galactic sells just a fin and centering ring set for 29 mm only. Will there be an option to buy the same set for a 38 mm motor mount?
I *highly* recommend the Eggtimer Dual Deploy rocket kit. It comes with 29mm motor mount, but I'm thinking of building a 38mm lower.

Looks like a stock DBRM nose cone.

From their website:

Parts Included:

17" long 3"diameter body tube (one)
3" diameter body tube coupler (one)
1/8" laser cut plywood centering rings (three)
1/8" laser cut plywood fins(three)

Back