Futuristic/Space themed LPRs?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished clearcoating my Excalibur.

OK maybe a little heavey on the clear coat but man, does it shine.
I kinda went in a different direction than the original plans.

https://www.dars.org/jimz/eirp_55.htm

Mine is a little more evil looking.

sandman

I also just finished my Tres...well, my version of it anyway.

The decals are from the USS Atlantis set I got on Ebay. Really a bad set of decals but they were cheap.

sandman

Here is another shot of the Tres with the tail cone.

sandman

Originally posted by brianc
IMDB has the <a href="https://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0167456/poster.jpg">movie poster</a> showing a few rockets.

The top one looks like a spool lalligood might make. :)

That's the Thunderbird 5 space station, but as we all know it should look like this:

TB5

Originally posted by sandman
I also just finished my Tres...well, my version of it anyway.

The decals are from the USS Atlantis set I got on Ebay. Really a bad set of decals but they were cheap.

sandman

Absolutely amazing sandman! I love it!

Are you bringing it to NARAM??

I sure am, Jim, I expect you to take lots of flight pics of it too. If it crashes it's your fault!:D

I'm working in the paint shop getting stuff ready for NARAM.

NO MORE KITS until after...much after!

No, this is not an aftermarket add on...hey, maybe I wanna build something for me!;)

sandman

Here is another shot of the Tres with the tail cone.

Very cool. I wonder how well it will handle flight...

Bill

Bummer, I thought maybe if it was close to California... When was the last time it was held, if ever, in California? And does anyone know when or if it will be?

I sure am, Jim, I expect you to take lots of flight pics of it too. If it crashes it's your fault!:D

Oh, I'll get pix, that's for sure! Crash? CRASH?!!? Man, is your cup half empty or what?? :D :D --- think positive, man! (my old boss used to tell me to think positive when I would nay-say our schedule. I finally looked at him and said "ok, I'm positive we aren't going to make the ship date." ... :D

No, this is not an aftermarket add on...hey, maybe I wanna build something for me!;)

sandman

BINGO! Someone once asked me what the biggest down side to owning a rocket company was and my firm answer is that I never get to build or fly anything just for *me*. Heck, with one exception, I haven't flown any of my Estes kits or up/down scales in over 2 years.... When I did, several folks asked me if I was going to clone that as a kit... man.. :)

several folks asked me if I was going to clone that as a kit... man..

Hmmm...sounds like Jim and I talk to the same people!:D

sandman

Hmmm...sounds like Jim and I talk to the same people!:D

sandman

I get that all the time. I can't count the number of people at the NSL who thought I was doing an SR-71 kit.

HUH?!?

That thar Pheord X-150 don't git no respect...

Originally posted by jflis
Well we (FlisKits) have the:

Triple Threat (3 flying saucers, 13mm)
USS Grissom
Drake
Corona
Stingray

Coming soon:
FarScape
[and some others... :D )

stay tuned!

*and*, if you like the Andromeda, you're going to *love* this, from LDRS

LOL thank you... the reason I didn't mention it is because we have the Pheord in the "Sport models" section... :)

Originally posted by huxley
Is there a web site that kinda caters to space themed LPRs? I really like that new Farscape rocket showed on TRF lately and have been looking for more. Have found 1 or 2 here and there, but not alot of choices. Want to stay w LPR for now! Skill level 3-4 ok.

Just not really interested in all the myrid choices for missles! Love scifi tho! Would love to see pics of your space themed LPR and where I can get them!?

Thanks bunches,
Pat

Well, we don't have any LPRs, yet..
;)

But if you wanna move up to MPR we have sci-fi/space/fantasy kits.

https://www.pembertontechnologies.com/

Here is a soon to be released kit.

M2Supernova%20Remnant%20E0102_300x200cropCR.jpg

Back