Full (original) Pro Series Line

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disaster_Guy

Reaction score
Didn't want to post this in For Sale because it isn't mine but figured there would be several on here interested in this auction that I stumbled upon: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Estes-Pro-...&ps=63&clkid=667966657373453057#ht_1266wt_102

Appears to be every item offered in the early 90's Pro Series on one package. I spent hours dreaming about this stuff when I was younger. Certainly can't see myself dropping that much cash on memories though.

Yikes! That is super pricey! I couldn't fathom paying that much for some rockets which are not all that notable. I am surprised that the seller has not posted this in the "for sale" section as he is an active member on here.

I will never sell to this guy. Everytime he post a request on the forum, it followed with stories of him making a big profit off all purchases. He tends to post and say he trying to extend his collection or he crashed / catoed his rocket and then he posts it ebay. I have never purchased from him, but watch the thread.

I will never sell to this guy. Everytime he post a request on the forum, it followed with stories of him making a big profit off all purchases. He tends to post and say he trying to extend his collection or he crashed / catoed his rocket and then he posts it ebay. I have never purchased from him, but watch the thread.

Based on the circumstantial evidence, I'd say you're right Chuck. There have been many "potential" examples of him buying low on here then flipping it on eBay. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't seem to mis-represent his intent. However, I reserve judgment because for all we know he DOES have a giagantic inventory of rocket kits that he is selling slowly and he actually does use what he purchases off here. Only he knows, and if he is being misleading then it is his conscience that has to deal with that.

I, personally, am glad there are people on TRF who are happy to sell for "less" than what someone could extort on ebay for some cool OOP kits that some of us missed out on when we were younger. I have purchased a few things on here which I could have flipped on ebay for a profit but I was much happier to build and fly. I like that our community is willing to give up "profit" in exchange for "community".

That is all I have to say on the subject.

It looks like it's stuck at $355 right now reserve not met. Fir that particular collection of stuff I'd say about $450 to $500 is a reasonable value. I think he would do better if he broke it up, he might be able to hit $100 for each piece.

I'm going to guess most of those items used to belong to members of TRF, until fairly recently.

I had no clue about any of this when I posted it (didn't even pay attention to the seller name) but I will say that the current price does appear to be lower than what the items totaled for new (still too rich for my blood though). I do have to agree though, if accurate, that buying on here under false statements and then flipping is kind of jacked up.

That is just what people post. I deal in CW relics on occasion and I will tell you have seen many play stupid when you are trading or selling them something. Then you see it on ebay for 5-10x the value in days to weeks. I don't know if any of this stuff is true. It is too rich for my taste. That is also why I don't buy or sell relics as often. Simple bullets can go for $3-5000.

The guy is a picker and it seems he's found good pickens on the rocketry forums. Buy low and sell high, that's the American way, ain't it?

The guy is a picker and it seems he's found good pickens on the rocketry forums. Buy low and sell high, that's the American way, ain't it?

Yup that is the American way. Apple pie, American flags and capitalism

Last edited:
Huh, been shopping around for a decent used Town Car, maybe I should check him out.

Huh, been shopping around for a decent used Town Car, maybe I should check him out.

Looking to haul some dead bodies? :)
My grandpa had a mid or late '90's one of these. To say the trunk was HUGE was an understatement. More like cavernous. You could fit at least 6 bodies in there (more if you folded them right).

Adrian

He has some nice stuff there. Those are some rare items, I'd venture that there are very few left in the box.

That being said...yikes. He is definitely flipping these items.

I thought just the rockets were expensive, but $45.00 just for shipping!?

Back