Fliskits "FlisKits - Cut-Away Motor Rocket Motor Kit"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary7

Reaction score
I am looking for an old kit I believe is no longer in production. I emailed the guys at the current Fliskits site, no reply.
Looking for this if anyone has one, built or not. Thank you.

motor cutaway.JPG

I think I have an unbuilt one. I will have to look. I might be talked out of it.

You can't have my built one — I use it for its intended purpose fairly frequently.

I think I have an unbuilt one. I will have to look. I might be talked out of it.

You can't have my built one — I use it for its intended purpose fairly frequently.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Apologies for never getting back here. I do have one in my kit stash, but it would make sense to just get a re-release as linked to in @MALBAR 70‘s post above.

A 3D printed interpretation would be interesting to see, too.

I use the built-up one I have almost every time I go to a public launch to explain how model rocket motors work.

Apologies for never getting back here. I do have one in my kit stash, but it would make sense to just get a re-release as linked to in @MALBAR 70‘s post above.

A 3D printed interpretation would be interesting to see, too.

I use the built-up one I have almost every time I go to a public launch to explain how model rocket motors work.

I am working on it. I am almost done with the initial design.

As one of the owners of Fliskits, your email was never received.

We are not currently offering, but I can try to find one if you are still interested

Thanks for supporting the hobby! I can remember seeing a similar thing being shown at my school in the 60's. I remember it being presented as a safe hobby, not like the kids blowing themselves up making motors.
I still have an aversion to the thought of making my own BP motors; I guess the education campaign worked, lol.
I remember someone blowing themselves up with a pipe full of match heads in that same timeframe; I think he was making a bomb, not a rocket. Lol, it worked, he got the darwin award. :)

Just a thought for a frugal solution -- why not just print the internal component picture on paper and tape inside a Pringles can or something? That would be pretty comparable to the original paper version... Obviously, the 3D printed version could more accurately reproduce the 3D elements like the nozzle.

Some plaster and food coloring would be easy to do for a school display.
Maybe someday an enterprising company will make a filament out of rocket fuel so an engine could be printed. Print the boost and delay grains to order; It could be cool.

Some plaster and food coloring would be easy to do for a school display.
Maybe someday an enterprising company will make a filament out of rocket fuel so an engine could be printed. Print the boost and delay grains to order; It could be cool.

Read an article probably 2 years ago that Purdue University was 3D printing rocket fuel.

Back