Fliskits - Deuce's Wild Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ale8oneboy

Reaction score
Guys, I thought I would share my progress on my latest project build, the Deuce's Wild. Working on a motor cluster build up right now. Will post pictures as much as I can. Any tips out there for the DW?

Motor Mounts are in place. Boring stuff I know. But I wanted to post the whole process.

fliskits-dw-1.jpg

fliskits-dw-2.jpg

fliskits-dw-3.jpg

yeah I'll second Scott on the motors.

Also the Deuce is a blank canvas as far as finishing so get the creative juices flowing when you're thinking about painting her.

Yes, post plenty of pics and post often.

You know ,I was looking for a smaller project to fill in between some HP projects and it occured to me a have a Flis Kits "TRES" :D

I`m off to the stash cupboard in the ol`cave and will get this thing going ;)

Thanks

Paul t

I took some time to shape the transition between the body tube and the motor mounts. I've got the fins cutout and prep'd. 3/4 fins are on. I'll have some more pics up as soon as possible.

For you guys wondering about paint scheme. It's October and Halloween. So in honor of the season I'm painting it with a candy corn color scheme (yellow,orange and white).

I hope to have it ready for Midwest Power. Little odd going to a high power launch to fly low power. But I'm going far to just watch the big stuff, why not have some fun too huh?

Love any and all Deuce threads :D Can't wait to see how your color scheme works out, sounds very kewl!

Well here is my Candy Corn paint scheme. Had a few issues here and there. This is my first paint job with multiple colors and masking. I've learned a few things from this experience. Looking forward to flying it this weekend. All that's left is to prepare the chute and mount shock cord. Looking forward to doing another Fliskit in the future. Thanks for the experience Jim!

6283082102_3f08908691_z.jpg

Well here is my Candy Corn paint scheme. Had a few issues here and there. This is my first paint job with multiple colors and masking. I've learned a few things from this experience. Looking forward to flying it this weekend. All that's left is to prepare the chute and mount shock cord. Looking forward to doing another Fliskit in the future. Thanks for the experience Jim!

kewl! I await launch photo's :)

Jim here's one better. Video! Bare with me this is my first video with the iPhone. I have learned not to take video in portrait mode.

[YOUTUBE]f7IVRBjQyoI[/YOUTUBE]

Thats awsome, you can really see the dual thrust with the canted mounts. Very cool.

6283082102_3f08908691_z.jpg

With your permission, I'd like to copy this one to the gallery

Jim here's one better. Video! Bare with me this is my first video with the iPhone. I have learned not to take video in portrait mode.

Oh I love it! :) Thank you! We had several Deuce's Wild kits fly this weekend, and more than a few Tres for that matter!

Rocket's eye view of my Deuce flying on only 1 motor...
[YOUTUBE]LfATKD1qlME[/YOUTUBE]
It will fly fine on only one, but I use an altimeter for deployment:wink:

it also doesn't hurt to put some wadding/tape over the ejection end

I didnt see a crash???? I like the shadow of it in the vid.
Is that Candy Corn growing?

Back