FlisKits: Builders wanted

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
FlisKits will be attending the HobbyTown USA convention in Lincoln, NE in July and are contemplating the iHobby Expo in Chicago in October as well.

We are looking for a few builders who are interested in building some of our kits that would be used as display units at these (and other) shows.

Here is a chance to showcase your building skills as well as earn some FlisKits Bucks in the process! :)

We are looking for builders with attentino to detail, outstanding finishing skills along with the time and tools to do museum quality work. These will be our "show pieces". (Carl T., you there?? :) )

We haven't yet created the list of models we want done at this time, but it will clearly include our most popular kits (Deuce's Wild!, A.C.M.E. Spitfire, Corona-2) along with some specialized kits (PayLord, Night Whisper, MMX and others)

We are looking into what we would be willing to offer for your help and expect it to be a mix of kits, parts and gift certificates equal to about 2-3 times the retail value of the kit(s) that is(are) being built.

If you think you would be interested you can respond here or send and email to FlisKits, Inc.

Please be sure to provide us (via email only please) your name, address, email and phone number. Please also supply us with a short portfolio of your past work (pictures of your models including close up images showing detail and finishing skills)

All models built and put on display will include a plaque identifying the builder.

thank you much.
jim

Jim,

Count me in and forget the flisbucks,
I like building as much as flying...

...that is if I qualify...
:p

I think Stones would be a good candidate for this as well.

If you are interested I can loan you my 2 kits for will you are in Lincoln NE I am from Omaha NE. They are The Deuce’s Wild and the Acme Spitfire shown below. I will see if our club THOR will be attending.

FlisKits can be purchased here in Omaha at our Local Hobby Town USA.

Thank you for the responses so far :)

Arley, I love'em both! COuld you send me close up pix so that I can see the detail? Our goal here is to have real "show pieces" for display

Tom: Yep, got your email. Send me some pix as soon as you can. Closeups of things like fin joints, launch lug, transitions in paint color and such are what I am looking for so that I can see the quality of the finish.

Sue, you know I already love your work :) Could I still impose upon you for some closeup pix??

We've got good products. They look good in the bag. I want to make sure they look good on the display stand as well :) and I simply have *not* got the time...

Keep'em coming. I would rather have many folks doing a rocket or two rather than a few doing many (that is just too big an imposition!)

Thanx everyone!

Originally posted by KermieD
I think Stones would be a good candidate for this as well.
Thanks for the kudos Kermie. My plate is fairly full right now but, if you need me Jim, let me know.

Jim,
do you prefer the rockets painted like the artwork ?
I'm ready to finish my second Deuces Wild and will definately send you close up pics but i havent decided how to paint it yet.

I do not have any close ups of the two rockets at this time put will try to get my brother to come over with his camera and take some close-up pictures. I do have a nice picture of the Centuri Quasar I built that shows my building and painting skills.

I also have an Associates Degree in Art.

Originally posted by stymye
Jim,
do you prefer the rockets painted like the artwork ?
I'm ready to finish my second Deuces Wild and will definately send you close up pics but i havent decided how to paint it yet.

Stymye,

Oh! YOu bring up a good point that I will bring up as I send out kits. Yes, unless otherwise agreed upon (not very likely), we would want the kits finished like the artwork on the package. When the retailer looks at the Tres (for example), I want him to see the "Tres", not something that looks like a different rocket that he can't find in the catalog... :)

Stones: I can sympathize :) If you *are* interested, just drop me an email. Response has been good and I don't want this to become a chore for anyone, beleive me.

Pat, Arley, got your information. If you haven't heard from me yet, you should soon.

jim

Hello Jim,
I just emailed you. I'll help you out if you still need volunteers.

Originally posted by cmmeyers
Hello Jim,
I just emailed you. I'll help you out if you still need volunteers.

Jim,

yep, got your email. Could you send me some pictures or a pointer to some showing the things I've called out (saves me searching for'em :) )

thanx,
jim

UPDATE:

I have contacted those who have expressed an interest in this program via email.

Please respond to that email asap so that we can get kits to you for construction.

NOTE: Arley Davis and Stymye: the email addresses I have for the two of you are a year old or so. If you did not get my email today about this program, please send me an email and I will forward the note on to you.

We greatly appreciate all of your help with this effort and look forward to using these trade shows to boost FlisKits to the next level with regard to manufacturing, support and services.

jim

Jim,

I can do a couple kits for ya bro if you need...just let me know. I realize this is late, but finally just saw the thread. If you have enough people already, that is also fine. Always happy to help.

Jim,

Arrrgh, I just looked at the dates for the convention and I am going to miss you guys by a week. Have a family reunion in Hastings from July 6 - 9. Would have been fun to meet you guys in Lincoln. :(

bummer, eh? :)

Actually I have had a number of folks express an interest in getting together so Kathy and I are considering staying on Saturday and inviting folks out to Lincoln to kill some time before we hit the road again. I will keep folks posted in a separate thread.

jim

Well, the first wave of kits (11 shipments) went out today. As soon as I have a recap of the details I will post some more information as we may have a few kits left over in need of build.

Those of you who signed up already will be getting an email from me later tonight.

Thank you again to all who have signed up.

jim

Got mine too, and I didn't even realize I was in the first wave.

Here's the weird thing: Unless somebody else told him, Jim could not have known that I've been a guitarist since the late 60's.

What did he send me?

:
:
:

The Rock Star.

Woooooo... creepy. :eek:

I am building, ................nice kits these Fliskits.

I love the balsa nose cones and transitions.
Brings back memories.

I love the smell of balsa dust in the evening.

It smells liiiiike............Estes.
The way it used to be.

Was wondering if anyone might want to post a progress picture or two as we move along....

Or should we wait until we're all finished?

Originally posted by MaxQ
I am building, ................nice kits these Fliskits.

I love the balsa nose cones and transitions.
Brings back memories.

I love the smell of balsa dust in the evening.

It smells liiiiike............Estes.
The way it used to be.

Was wondering if anyone might want to post a progress picture or two as we move along....

Or should we wait until we're all finished?
Maybe it's because it's nearly 4:30 AM, but I read the above post and couldn't help but hear it in my head being spoken in Peter Lorre's voice.

Those of you old enough to remember Peter Lorre should know what I mean :eek: .

And the hour.

Hey...if you give me a phone number, I could read you my post - and give you my best impression of Peter Lorre....

Rick!...Hide me...Hide me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Lorre to Humphrey Bogart
Casablanca

That's pretty nice. How'd you manage to mask off such a small area?

Back