First scale scratch build, the Astrobee D

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The EAC Viper is my favorite of the bunch.

It would make a great L2 bird.

Now Kit, don't go putting ideas in my head! But I agree, a 5.5" Viper would be awesome. Why don't you build one for your Level 2 bird?

You know I have tube fin rocket reputation to keep up.

Besides, with all the drag of a tube fin bird I get to see the whole flight, can go with motor deployment, and won't have to chase over hill and dale.

That and I already have all the tubef ins and doublers cut out.

Bob said the rockets were very popular. But you know what's sad? None of the Aerojet engineers there had ever heard of an Astrobee "D".

beale2.jpg

beale3.jpg

beale4.jpg

Jim,glad things worked out just fine,you really built an outstanding looking rocket.:cheers::clap:

Jim,glad things worked out just fine,you really built an outstanding looking rocket.:cheers::clap:

Can't improve on that^^^. I like sounding rockets (rockets that look like rockets) and that one is darn nice. That got my attention.

Jim ,

You should be very proud of yourself and your efforts on a job very well done ,the Astrobee D turned out absolutely beautiful ,no BS !!

Now tell the truth ,isn`t all that work and detail worth the end result ? The launch shoes and the way you made them ,along with the screws in the payload really do indeed make this project a real gemstone ,not to mention that the paintjob looks great !

This project is truly a feather in your hat ,although all your work and workmanship are pretty top notch.

Nice going my friend :handshake:

Sincerely yours;

Paul T

Jim ,

You should be very proud of yourself and your efforts on a job very well done ,the Astrobee D turned out absolutely beautiful ,no BS !!

Now tell the truth ,isn`t all that work and detail worth the end result ? The launch shoes and the way you made them ,along with the screws in the payload really do indeed make this project a real gemstone ,not to mention that the paintjob looks great !

This project is truly a feather in your hat ,although all your work and workmanship are pretty top notch.

Nice going my friend :handshake:

Sincerely yours;

Paul T

Gosh Paul, that's very high praise coming from you! Thank you!

Finally got the retention clips done. Hopefully I'll get to launch the Astrobee D next Saturday at the Snow Ranch launch.

320_retention.jpg

321_retention.jpg

322_retention.jpg

Well, I FINALLY got to launch the Astrobee at last Saturday's Snow Ranch launch. It was a short flight though, I found out what happens when you forget the forward o-ring in the motor. Photos and video are in my launch report here.

Back