First HP Rocket - Loc Precision 4" Zeus

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRAJ

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey there!

I've just purchased my first venture into HP rocketry, and will plan to get my LVL 1 cert on this rocket - a Loc Precision 4" Zeus, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this rocket or any tips/advice I should need in bulding/flying for the L1 attempt. It sports a 54mm motor mount which I will likely adapt down to a 38mm for my L1 attempt. Any insight would be most helpful! Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Cool kit. LOC makes great stuff.

I've got two 4" LOC airframes, the Goblin and Mega Initiator. Their instructions are good. If you follow them you should be fine.

I built my fin cans outside the airframe, and slid them in. Some like doing it the other way, but the instructions show both and are clear enough. Be sure to locate your centering rings on the outside for rail buttons if you plan to screw them into the centering rings. It's a nice "DOH" moment if you get the fin can in before you locate them.

I'd pay attention to the nose weight. You may have to add a bit to get the center of gravity far enough forward for bigger motors.

Using Titebond II or III woodglue will keep your weight down and be strong. Plus you don't have to wear gloves while using it!

If you want to fly a wider range of motors, consider means for adjustable noseweight. (instead of a large fixed mass that makes the rocket too heavy for smaller motors)

Cool kit. LOC makes great stuff.

I've got two 4" LOC airframes, the Goblin and Mega Initiator. Their instructions are good. If you follow them you should be fine.

I built my fin cans outside the airframe, and slid them in. Some like doing it the other way, but the instructions show both and are clear enough. Be sure to locate your centering rings on the outside for rail buttons if you plan to screw them into the centering rings. It's a nice "DOH" moment if you get the fin can in before you locate them.

I'd pay attention to the nose weight. You may have to add a bit to get the center of gravity far enough forward for bigger motors.
Using Titebond II or III woodglue will keep your weight down and be strong. Plus you don't have to wear gloves while using it!

If you want to fly a wider range of motors, consider means for adjustable noseweight. (instead of a large fixed mass that makes the rocket too heavy for smaller motors)

Good info on both, thank you much!

Back