Finding CP

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FREE-VCP
$$$-RockSim
FREE-Paper Cutout (old school)
FREE-By hand (old school)
$$$-Spacecad (can't quite remember if this is the right name)

I prefer VCP. Cheap and simple, no problems yet. Got enough features like NC profiles, transition layouts, fin alignment guides, etc

Originally posted by GL-P
FREE-VCP
$$$-RockSim
FREE-Paper Cutout (old school)
FREE-By hand (old school)
$$$-Spacecad (can't quite remember if this is the right name)

I prefer VCP. Cheap and simple, no problems yet. Got enough features like NC profiles, transition layouts, fin alignment guides, etc

Also: AeroCP, $10

I like VCP too, but it's got some bugs and incomplete items. Being free, these get fixed slowly. Not a slam, just an observation.

I like VCP too, but it's got some bugs and incomplete items. Being free, these get fixed slowly. Not a slam, just an observation.

Yeah, it is an observation. A few minor bugs an some incomplete parts, don't affect program much.

I have a 300kb excel spreahsheet that I will email yoi if you pm or email me....I found it on the web somewhere..

Originally posted by brianc
I highly recommend doing the old school hand calcs at least a few times.
You may find yourself on the flight line without a computer (or a dead battery) some day... ;)

Here's a link to the equations-

https://my.execpc.com/~culp/rockets/Barrowman.html
I like this Excel spreadsheet. I will tinker with it on my own. Thank you.

I use VCP. It is buggy but it is free and gets the job done for CP. VCP has great templates too.

Teflon,
You have entirely TOO much liquid capital!!!:D Just kidding. Thats the coolest thing I've seen in a long while. Nice!!!

Im using the MiniMag XLS to find the CP of my L2 rocket im building and it asked for Rb What is Rb and how do I measure it?

Dan

Originally posted by Dbarrm
What is Rb and how do I measure it?

From Cp_MinieMagg.xls:

"Rb 2.77 radius of body rear end"

Measurement, Umm, one-half the diameter of the body tube at the rear end of the sustainer. :rolleyes: ;)

It looks like Mr. Culp changed the name of the variable on his Web page versus his spreadsheet. On the Webpage the variable would be:

R = radius of body at aft end

https://my.execpc.com/~culp/rockets/Barrowman.html

edit: typos... my bad...

Back