• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Fin scans of the EAC Viper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I got the plans from Jim Z's site, but I'm not confident that they printed to scale correctly.
If anyone has a scan of the Viper's fins with a rule, or has them the plan in RocSim, I would appreciate it.
I have brought all my rockets in the building process home to work on finish.
But I have tons of tubes and balsa and parts and I want to make some rockets I've had in the past to occupy my time.
Thank You Kindly in advance to anyone that may be able to help.

I've got a EAC Viper here in front of me.

The fin root of the main fin I just measured is 1 23/32". I can try to scan the fins tomorrow if I can remember it.

No problem... I'm now wondering what other variants of this kit are out there.

Woody, are you going to build this at its original size or an upscale? In any case happy to see you have a chance to do a bit of building.

I've been debating doing an upscale for myself (not huge, but bigger than the original). I have very fond memories of this rocket mainly because it was just so cool that it was a "special" club rocket. Always liked the design too, simple but appealing.

I'm doing an original size with mini engines.
Few years back I did a upscale from BT-50 to a BT-55 to use standard 18mm engines.
Mini engines are a lot cheaper.
In the chance I get to buy engines in the future, I'll get more for my money by by building and fly mini engines.

I had one back in the day. Built a 2X upscale a few years ago, then built a new 'original'. Wouldn't you know it, the new original has a wonky forward fin just like the one from back in the day.

Back