Fin encapsulation?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When and where is this thing flying? Just so I won't be there. :D

You can modify the fins. Fiberglass isn't a mystical material that can only be machined elsewhere. Cut them down if need be. Reach out to PML and change the order of possible.

There is only one commercial 1grain 75mm I think, and it is pretty aggressive. A good fun challenge would be to keep it light enough to fly it on 1grain 54mm, those are fun little motors.[/QUOTE/] Im not going to build it..it's been made abundantly clear that it probably won't be safe to fly and it would cost more money than I'm willing to put into it to get new fins and a new motor mount or new fins and a new airframe tube thanks for the advice

When and where is this thing flying? Just so I won't be there. :D

You can modify the fins. Fiberglass isn't a mystical material that can only be machined elsewhere. Cut them down if need be. Reach out to PML and change the order of possible.

There is only one commercial 1grain 75mm I think, and it is pretty aggressive. A good fun challenge would be to keep it light enough to fly it on 1grain 54mm, those are fun little motors.

I'm not going to build it.. it's been made abundantly clear that it probably won't be safe to fly and it would cost more money than I'm willing to put into it to get new fins and a new motor mount or new fins and a new airframe tube. Thanks for the advice

Back