3D Printing Favor - can someone compile MK3S+ Firmware w/ Z_MAX_POS=200?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMacDaddy

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering if someone that manually compiles Prusa MK3S firmware could do me a favor. I need to modify the Z_MAX_POS to 200 instead of 210 and flash the firmware. I am running an MK3s+ (updated Pinda) if that matters.

I installed a longer hotend and it is failing calibration (looks like it is only at z=5 when it touches so maybe 205 will work).

I have been struggling to get the firmware to compile for a while -- I am getting errors just compiling the stock firmware from Github -- https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware

I think I followed all the instructions to do this with Arduino on Windows but cannot get it to work. Here is an example error I get (and if I add a comment after a comma here another error comes up).

1662852901196.png

Long term, would love to get the compiling working (teach me to fish) but for now just want to be able to test the 3D printer I am building.

Last edited:
I don't have a Prusa, but I do understand the code, and the error you are seeing.

Static_Assert is put into the code to ensure that a certain condition is met during compile. If it isn't the compile will fail, and display a message.

static_assert( constant-expression, string-literal )

the "string-literal" is the message it's supposed to throw up if the constant expression is not true (o). Since there is no comma in the code, it can't throw up the error, but it still errors out because the expression is false.

You need to walk through the code to see why feed_mm_before_raising is not less than or equal to FILAMENTCHANGE_FIRSTFEED as the software developer expected at this point in the code.

More often than not, the second variable may not have been appropriately declared.

An easy 'fix' to get it to compile would be to just remove the line of code.

An easier idea would be to use the last 'tagged' version of the source code, as it will likely compile properly.

My recommendation would be to use this: https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/tree/MK3_3.11.1

Caveat Emptor when deleting things you may not understand :)

I don't have a Prusa, but I do understand the code, and the error you are seeing.

Static_Assert is put into the code to ensure that a certain condition is met during compile. If it isn't the compile will fail, and display a message.

static_assert( constant-expression, string-literal )

the "string-literal" is the message it's supposed to throw up if the constant expression is not true (o). Since there is no comma in the code, it can't throw up the error, but it still errors out because the expression is false.

You need to walk through the code to see why feed_mm_before_raising is not less than or equal to FILAMENTCHANGE_FIRSTFEED as the software developer expected at this point in the code.

More often than not, the second variable may not have been appropriately declared.

An easy 'fix' to get it to compile would be to just remove the line of code.

An easier idea would be to use the last 'tagged' version of the source code, as it will likely compile properly.

My recommendation would be to use this: https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/tree/MK3_3.11.1

Caveat Emptor when deleting things you may not understand :)

Thank you -- I am getting the errors compiling before making any edits to the firmware (i.e., just trying to compile the stock firmware files downloaded from Github -- but maybe I need to download an older file set).

EDIT: THANK YOU - I was finally able to get this to compile. I used the 3.11.1 version above. Was the version I was downloading (I guess it was the newest version) just not stable yet or something???

Last edited:
UPDATE: First prints are coming out nicely.

FYSETC Prusa MK3S+ clone with upgraded hotend and extruder gears. Hotend is Triangle Labs CHC Pro w/ upgraded bimetal titanium heatbreak. Moving up to .8 or 1.0mm nozzle size after some more testing of the .4mm nozzle.

Little bit of oozing / stringing after moves but need to get my settings dialed in and this will not be an issue in my eventual print setup / usage.

1662993887119.jpeg

Back