Fat Boy XL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Launch report! This past weekend I launched my Fatboy XL on an H178 DM. I heavily modified the nose to allow for use of the apogee quick mount. I used all the supplied nose weight. Additionally, I glassed the tube. Empty, the Fatboy came in at a robust 1100 grams. I had just under one caliber of stability and it ripped off the pad straight as an arrow. The apogee reported it reached exactly 1750’. I may try to figure out a way to fit a 4 grain motor in the airframe. I safely recovered it on a 36” hand stitched parabolic chute and chute release set to 400’.

Attachments

• IMG_1713.jpeg
    IMG_1713.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1711.jpeg
    IMG_1711.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1684.jpeg
    IMG_1684.jpeg
    398.1 KB · Views: 0
Launch report! This past weekend I launched my Fatboy XL on an H178 DM. I heavily modified the nose to allow for use of the apogee quick mount. I used all the supplied nose weight. Additionally, I glassed the tube. Empty, the Fatboy came in at a robust 1100 grams. I had just under one caliber of stability and it ripped off the pad straight as an arrow. The apogee reported it reached exactly 1750’. I may try to figure out a way to fit a 4 grain motor in the airframe. I safely recovered it on a 36” hand stitched parabolic chute and chute release set to 400’.
Awesome!!!!

Back