Estes V2 (Frau Im Mond Version) The Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to build my Rocksim cluster design pretty soon and will more than likely do it with an airbrush. As far as down and dirty information, the average pressures used is between 15-25psi. Shoot from between four and six inches from your subject. As far as paint goes, I prefer enamel. You can even use Krylon decanted into a color cup. In that case you wouldn't even need to thin it.... Otherwise I use Testors' hobby enamels. But I could do a build log with an airbrush tutorial or a standalone airbrush tutorial if anyone were interested.

Thank you for the information above, I think your V-2 build is coming along very nicely.

It just so happens I fall into the "anyone" category. I'm sure there are other "anyones" that would be just as interested in your airbrush tutorial or a standalone airbrush tutorial as I am.

Looking forward to a good'ol 'how to'!

Scale models. I have a little over 500 kits I'm dumping. Yeah, I look forward to seeing yours! And thanks!

Oh ok. Yeah it pretty much doubled the tube length from the supplied one. I like it, I kind of debated on it but it was cheap for the tube so I gave it a shot.

Last edited:
Back